Singapore Expats

Information on Permanent Residence

Do you have a question about National Service (NS) in Singapore? Discuss it here.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Information on Permanent Residence

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 May 2015 7:31 pm

If your wife has the wherewithal and/or VERY deep pockets, then you might, but I'd not hold my breath. It was possible in the past but today I'd say it might be a shot in the dark or like buying the powerball lottery. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. Without applying, the answer is no. Applying may well result in the same answer, but at least it will be from the authorities.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Craigc89

Post by Craigc89 » Thu, 07 May 2015 7:37 pm

Thanks for the reply. moneys no issue as we have been saving for this and have a house in sg already. I guess you are right, I will be back in August so I will try and get an appointment, apply and see what happens. Just sucks having so little idea if I will get it or not since it means putting our lives on hold in the UK for a while.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 May 2015 8:51 pm

I went through similar way, way back in the late 80's~early 90's trying to get PR. suffice it to say I've been a PR now for a quarter of a century but the 5 years of trying is rough on the nerves. Especially if you'd been here already for 7 but didn't work here (Offshore Oil) Had to change occupations in order to get an EP here in a totally different line of work. (Doing that is virtually impossible today).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers