Events and gatherings of MBA - Members Of Bhartiya Association
sapphire
Manager
Manager

Re: Sorry for last minute changes

Postby sapphire » Sun, 23 Jul 2006 12:55 pm

kingajit wrote:Hi Sapphire,
We all r looking forward to meeting u!
I am extremely sorry about last minute changes about the Peranakan Place. We appreciate your suggestion on the Pernakan Place,its a classy joint, I saw the ambience and would love to go there.
As usual, I have had last minute queries about choices offered at Peranakan place, the website is not so informative either. We Bharatwasis are a big mix when it comes to choices of food/drinks/spending habits. Furthermore, I called Perankan and they cannot assure me to accomodate 16-21 people at such a short notice.
All this has led to us going to AIWO at Raffles.
It would be a wasted opportunity for all those eager to meet u......so please, If u could consider spending some time with us.....
KingAjit
Cheers

Understand your apprehensions about the place not being able to accomodate that many people. But, I thought we were meeting there only to figure out where to go next. 5.30 pm wouldn't be all that crowded, I could be wrong though.

As much as I would've loved to meet all of you, I can't see myself sitting in an airconditioned environment for the whole evening. Not at 6 pm, definitely. Sorry for being like this . . . I'm sure we'll meet soon. Enjoy the movie . . .

PS. Maddy, great poster, Sapphire? Nothing great about posting. :lol:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

maddyks
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Sorry for last minute changes

Postby maddyks » Sun, 23 Jul 2006 1:13 pm

kingajit wrote:Hi Sapphire,
We all r looking forward to meeting u!
I am extremely sorry about last minute changes about the Peranakan Place. We appreciate your suggestion on the Pernakan Place,its a classy joint, I saw the ambience and would love to go there.
As usual, I have had last minute queries about choices offered at Peranakan place, the website is not so informative either. We Bharatwasis are a big mix when it comes to choices of food/drinks/spending habits. Furthermore, I called Perankan and they cannot assure me to accomodate 16-21 people at such a short notice.
All this has led to us going to AIWO at Raffles.
It would be a wasted opportunity for all those eager to meet u......so please, If u could consider spending some time with us.....
KingAjit
Cheers

:???: Confused....

so where are we going finally?

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

Re: FIXED - finally!!!

Postby kingajit » Sun, 23 Jul 2006 1:30 pm

rubyred wrote:Okay Everybody,

The Great Kingajit is as usual trying his very best to please all his buddies and more importantly take care to see that all of us have fun...vegies, non-veggies, drinkers, non-drinkers, cool place, wow place, ambience, fun and without having to pinch our purses dry!!!

After, thinking and planning and flapping all around has come up with a fantastic suggestion seconded by most of us.

This is what the evening program is:

Movie: 3 pm, ends by 5 pm, all the buddies who have watched the movie together will wait at Burger King near the cinema hall "Cathay Cineliesure - Orchard" until 5.30 pm for any and all who would like to join us to go to:

http://www.aiwo.com.sg/outlets/outlets.html

We will then carry on towards, AIWO by MRT and the ones who are not able to make it by 5.30 pm in Orchard will find us in AIWO until quite late. If any thing else is decided upon, after that, please stay in touch to either update us/be updated by us....

Three cheers Ajit!!! And thanks for caring as much as you do!!!:D

Please log on to the above link for the address/charges/menu involved.

Hoping to meet a lot of you this evening. Can sms any of the buddies in the group, in case you would like to catch us at any time.

My mobile number is 92366605. Please do not hesitate to call/sms.

Happy Sunday.....

Warm regards,
Rubina.

rubyred
Chatter
Chatter

Thank you :)

Postby rubyred » Sun, 23 Jul 2006 9:45 pm

Hey Everyone...

Thank you one and all for a lovely lovely afternoon and evening, it was indeed a pleasure to meet everyone.....

Fantastic choice of eating place Kingajit, and as usual "Thank you" once again.

Warm regards,
Rubina.

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Sun, 23 Jul 2006 9:49 pm

:( sorry rubina,, i guess agr mein samne aaja ti toh,,u gonna whack me lol ,for making u guys wait..challo koi baat nahi. Anyways ,anyone wanna meet up go for gym, or any kind of dance class do PM me... or add me to your MSN...

Hope you guys had a great time....good night.. next time chixie will be there..with her wings lol :P

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

uploading pics

Postby kingajit » Sun, 23 Jul 2006 10:44 pm

Hi
How do we upload links for pics on this forum? If u have tried and have been sucessful, please let me know.
Thanks
KingAjit

khozism
Regular
Regular

Re:

Postby khozism » Sun, 23 Jul 2006 11:16 pm

guys and galz ....

we had a lovely evening and truly speaking sunday sudhar gaya mera to ... hehehehe :-)

the movie though was not as good as the prequel but the digital and sound effects were awesome ...

lets keep this thing going and if its not possible to meet up every weekend then please please try and make it once a fortnight ... the fun we had today evening, i strongly feel that we all guys and gals along with our kids can have some gr8 time each time we meet up for whatever reason.

we spoke for some time after dinner and thought of keeping the next weekend (sunday) either at sentosa or at east coast. But this has to be a full day and everybody should try and turn up cause it really makes no sense in going to sentosa and spend only a copuple of hours there ......

lets take this further and am leaving it on the forum and Ajit to decide the final place ....

--Khozem.
Cheers !!!
khozism

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Re: uploading pics

Postby sapphire » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:11 am

kingajit wrote:Hi
How do we upload links for pics on this forum? If u have tried and have been sucessful, please let me know.
Thanks
KingAjit

Didn't understand your question. You want to upload link or post pics here? To post the link, you copy paste from the address bar.

If you would like to post pics, a different process altogether. I would say, don't post pics or post a link here on a public forum though. Send a private invite instead. Your choice . . .
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

maddyks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby maddyks » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 8:38 am

Good morning everyone...

Great time yesterday. Next time hope more people can come over.

By the way, my parents coming over from India today :D =D> :love:

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

Re: uploading pics

Postby kingajit » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 9:23 am

[quote="sapphire"][You want to upload link or post pics here? To post the link, you copy paste from the address bar.
quote]
Hi Sapphire,
If i try to cut copy paste a link for pics stored on a website like sonyimagestation.....The message body accepts it, but when I preview the message body there is no link, instead there is only a dot!
strange! I tried using the URL function too....but in vain.
Cheers
Ajit

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Thank you :)

Postby bunty » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 9:27 am

rubyred wrote:Hey Everyone...

Thank you one and all for a lovely lovely afternoon and evening, it was indeed a pleasure to meet everyone.....

Fantastic choice of eating place Kingajit, and as usual "Thank you" once again.

Warm regards,
Rubina.

Guess you guys beat me to it by posting messages on our wonderful evening yesterday.

It was good meeting all of you and getting to know about all. I am sure you guys would have chalked out some plans for meeting up frequently.
Even if we cant make it every weekend, atleast 2 weekends a month should be possible.

as ajit mentions in this signature "lage raho".

Do keep me informed. i have pm'ed my email address to ajit and rubina.

Cheers

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

thanks

Postby kingajit » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 9:29 am

Hi Khozism,
It was a pleasure meeting enthusiasts like u! Thanks for the suggestions…Enjoyed ur company. Lets see what Janta decides for the weekend.
Cheers
KingAjit

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Re:

Postby bunty » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 9:39 am

khozism wrote:guys and galz ....

we had a lovely evening and truly speaking sunday sudhar gaya mera to ... hehehehe :-)

the movie though was not as good as the prequel but the digital and sound effects were awesome ...

lets keep this thing going and if its not possible to meet up every weekend then please please try and make it once a fortnight ... the fun we had today evening, i strongly feel that we all guys and gals along with our kids can have some gr8 time each time we meet up for whatever reason.

we spoke for some time after dinner and thought of keeping the next weekend (sunday) either at sentosa or at east coast. But this has to be a full day and everybody should try and turn up cause it really makes no sense in going to sentosa and spend only a copuple of hours there ......

lets take this further and am leaving it on the forum and Ajit to decide the final place ....

--Khozem.

Dear All,

If it is to be sentosa, then my preference is for sentosa on saturday. The reason being, it can be tiring going there and coming back, and with all the activities that we might end up doing there, "thakan" kam karne ke liye, we have sunday holiday....

cheers

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 9:46 am

Yes, it was indeed great to meet & chat up with everyone. I think the after dinner chat was the best and long much to the dismay of the restaurant staff...seems we took Ajit's " LAGE RAHO" literally.

And Ajit, I do agree with Sapphire, dont post our pics on the forum, pm the link to each of us.
The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm

khozism
Regular
Regular

Re:

Postby khozism » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:47 am

bunty wrote:
khozism wrote:guys and galz ....

--Khozem.

Dear All,

If it is to be sentosa, then my preference is for sentosa on saturday. The reason being, it can be tiring going there and coming back, and with all the activities that we might end up doing there, "thakan" kam karne ke liye, we have sunday holiday....

cheers

okie no probs at all with me for Sentosa on saturday.... just ensure that we dont keep it for 29th July, Sat as I have an exam to appear for. Its between 2:30-5:30 .... maybe sunday we can go for dinner again and then next sat we can go to sentosa ....

alternatively, you guys carry on for sentosa this saturday and then i can join you some other time .... there is no point in cancelling the program because if once it gets cancelled then the enthusiasm dies ... maybe i'll ask my wife and kid to join you all .....

I spoke to her about the gr8 time we had to-gether and she's pretty excited to join us in the next round.....

--Khozem.
Cheers !!!

khozism