Singapore Expats

Information on Singapore Immigration (Entry, Exit, Visa)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Information on Singapore Immigration (Entry, Exit, Visa)

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Jul 2018 3:00 pm

Good luck. I think you are doing the smart thing.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

lordvoldemort1

Post by lordvoldemort1 » Fri, 13 Jul 2018 2:38 pm

They have agreed for waiting for IPA approval with correct salary and come after it has been revised.
I know that s pass IPA approval usually taked 2-3 weeks.
How much time usually correction (salary correction) in already approved IPA should take ??

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 Jul 2018 5:54 pm

No idea. Never had one. But you are doing the right thing and it's looks like your employer is a stand-up kind of employer. That's comforting to know.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

lordvoldemort1

Post by lordvoldemort1 » Fri, 13 Jul 2018 8:38 pm

Not worried about the employer. I have some of my friends there in the same company. Also, its a reputed tech company. So, I know that I can trust them.
What I was worried about was the variation of salary in offer letter and IPA at Immigration Check. If ICA would have requested the offer letter and found the variation, then it would have cause problem at Airport. Right ???
Apart from that cancellation of IPA in case of correction is also a concern. Although they assured me that its highly unlikely case as amount being offered currently for S pass is far more than the minimum threshold.
But I think waiting for Revised letter seems like a safe route.

lordvoldemort1

Post by lordvoldemort1 » Wed, 18 Jul 2018 1:28 am

Hi Guys,

One of my friend has a valid e-visa and also an approved IPA for spass.
The reason he has both is as his IPA was in pending for long time, so he applied for business visa which was approved in 1 day, then IPA of spass also got approved.

1) Is there any issue in holding both of them at the same time ?
2) Could he enter through any one of the above visa or both ??
3) He wants to enter through IPA as he will go there for working. In that case could he face any problem or questions from ICA officers since, they will know from passport number that he holds business visa as well at immigration check ? If yes, What type of questions should he prepare for ?

Thanks in advance.

benjaminjadi

Post by benjaminjadi » Thu, 15 Aug 2019 4:22 pm

I guess Singapore haven't introduced something similar to ESTA ? Or maybe I missed that they have it already.. I'm from NZ and travel a lot to the US, and will have to visit Singapore frequently next year.

traveler111

Post by traveler111 » Fri, 16 Apr 2021 5:01 pm

My wife got a job in Singapore and her EP and entry permits were approved in March.
Her company applied for my DP and it got rejected. Her HR says they haven't received any reason why it got rejected. I did some research on the web and its stated that they always give a reason for it.

HR HR told her to come to Singapore and they will re-apply again in some time.

This is very strange. Can someone share a similar experience or has any advice?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Apr 2021 5:41 pm

The normal rejection reasons are
a) de factor or common law marriage not recognized by you own country
b) same gender marriage, we seen a few cases come in but never with DP, only LTVP which has to be sponsored by the employer.
c) cannot get letter of co-habitation/common law marriage from own country's embassy validating the common law marriage exists.

There may be other reasons we are not aware of.

traveler111

Post by traveler111 » Fri, 16 Apr 2021 8:37 pm

Thank you so much! We did get married recently in March to be able to move there together.
Her HR asked for an international marriage certificate which we sent. You can only get a common-law one here.

I failed to find any recent cases of DPs being rejected or rejected for no reason and I googled for hours.

traveler111

Post by traveler111 » Wed, 21 Jul 2021 5:41 pm

We ended up not being able to address the problem. Sharing our experience in case it can help someone.

My wife got a job in SG in March. Soon after her EP and entry approval was done.
My DP was rejected at that time, her company shared there is no feedback from MOM and that they will apply again if she comes and starts working in Singapore. Which she did.

We applied again and got the rejection in July this year. Her company again shared that there is not feedback from MOM as to why.
We contacted MOM separately and talked to a case officer, which shared that our paperwork seemed ok and that is probably something with the company and we should check with them.

So far the communication with her HR was very bad and we needed to push for any kind of steps. At the moment of writing this, two weeks after rejection, we received no feedback and we are not sure how to proceed.