Singapore Expats Forum

Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
daisygirl_13
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby daisygirl_13 » Tue, 19 Sep 2017 1:44 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Just hang in there. If the money is there, they are tightening up a bit on LoCs (primarily people with high pedigrees but accepting low salary admin jobs. So, they take a little bit longer, but you will probably eventually get it. MOM likes to play a waiting game I think, just to see how serious the applicant is. Just keep fingers crossed.


I got my LOC approved this morning. thanks for ur support

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34394
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Sep 2017 2:00 pm

There you go! Now get to work! lol Congrats :mrgreen:

User avatar
Tonyroy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 29 Mar 2017

Re: Research in Singapore

Postby Tonyroy » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 8:23 pm

KIndiana wrote:Hi! I am an American graduate student who plans to do fieldwork for 6 months in Singapore. The data I collect will be the substance of my dissertation. But I am having problems figuring out what sort of pass I need to obtain that will allow me to extend my visit for six months. I cannot get a student pass because I am not taking classes at the universities. I also don't qualify for a professional pass. Are there any academics out there who have been through this process who could guide me? I am not sure what to do next.


If you post any more ads for the consultancy, your account will be locked.

I have deleted references. Do not put them back.

Moderator

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1256
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Research in Singapore

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 8:43 pm

Tonyroy wrote:
KIndiana wrote:Hi! I am an American graduate student who plans to do fieldwork for 6 months in Singapore. The data I collect will be the substance of my dissertation. But I am having problems figuring out what sort of pass I need to obtain that will allow me to extend my visit for six months. I cannot get a student pass because I am not taking classes at the universities. I also don't qualify for a professional pass. Are there any academics out there who have been through this process who could guide me? I am not sure what to do next.

Yes, if you want to stay in Singapore for some time you need an entry pass to stay here. You can read here for complete procedure and requirements of entry pass. Visit: SPAM REMOVED


Why should they refer to your site and not the MOM website?
http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/entrepass

User avatar
Tonyroy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 29 Mar 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby Tonyroy » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 8:55 pm

Yes, they can I am only giving more suggestion as I also refer it and I found this information is useful that why I am sharing it.

User avatar
Tonyroy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 29 Mar 2017

Re: Research in Singapore

Postby Tonyroy » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 8:59 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tonyroy wrote:
KIndiana wrote:Hi! I am an American graduate student who plans to do fieldwork for 6 months in Singapore. The data I collect will be the substance of my dissertation. But I am having problems figuring out what sort of pass I need to obtain that will allow me to extend my visit for six months. I cannot get a student pass because I am not taking classes at the universities. I also don't qualify for a professional pass. Are there any academics out there who have been through this process who could guide me? I am not sure what to do next.

Yes, if you want to stay in Singapore for some time you need an entry pass to stay here. You can read here for complete procedure and requirements of entry pass. Visit: SPAM REMOVED


Why should they refer to your site and not the MOM website?
http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/entrepass


Yes, they can I am only giving more suggestion as I also refer it and I found this information is useful that why I am sharing it.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34394
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:10 pm

[-X ! BS! And posting from a known Indian Spammer IP addy.

No BS
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 08 Oct 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby No BS » Sun, 08 Oct 2017 6:45 pm

Hi Moderators,

I had applied for a Singaporean-PR in Jan 2014, which got rejected in May 2014, here's my profile from then:
My Nationality: Indian
My Education: MBA (best institute in India)
My Salary: SGD 18,000/ month (in Singapore)
My Age: 29 years
My Job: Investment Banking
Wife's Location: Working in India
Wife's Nationality: Indian
Wife's Education: MS (USA)
Wife's Salary: SGD 1,000/ month (in India)
Wife's Age: 29 years


after which I got disheartened and left Singapore (in August 2014) and lived in London and Mumbai. After leaving I realized how much I missed Singapore, so now I am back in Singapore in a new job. My current profile is:
My Nationality: Indian
My Education: MBA (best institute in India)
My Salary: SGD 12,000/ month (in Singapore)
My Age: 33 years
My Job: PE Investor
Wife's Location: Working in Singapore
Wife's Nationality: Indian
Wife's Education: MS + PhD (USA)
Wife's Salary: SGD 5,000/ month (in Singapore), working as a scientist for the Singaporean Government
Wife's Age: 33 years

Does it make sense to reapply for a PR now? Many thanks in advance for your help.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 08 Oct 2017 8:06 pm

No BS wrote:Hi Moderators,

I had applied for a Singaporean-PR in Jan 2014, which got rejected in May 2014, here's my profile from then:
My Nationality: Indian
My Education: MBA (best institute in India)
My Salary: SGD 18,000/ month (in Singapore)
My Age: 29 years
My Job: Investment Banking
Wife's Location: Working in India
Wife's Nationality: Indian
Wife's Education: MS (USA)
Wife's Salary: SGD 1,000/ month (in India)
Wife's Age: 29 years


after which I got disheartened and left Singapore (in August 2014) and lived in London and Mumbai. After leaving I realized how much I missed Singapore, so now I am back in Singapore in a new job. My current profile is:
My Nationality: Indian
My Education: MBA (best institute in India)
My Salary: SGD 12,000/ month (in Singapore)
My Age: 33 years
My Job: PE Investor
Wife's Location: Working in Singapore
Wife's Nationality: Indian
Wife's Education: MS + PhD (USA)
Wife's Salary: SGD 5,000/ month (in Singapore), working as a scientist for the Singaporean Government
Wife's Age: 33 years

Does it make sense to reapply for a PR now? Many thanks in advance for your help.
PE?

Oh, banker?

If your Uni is one of the best, you have a chance

If you apply with 3 year NOA

PS, I am not Moderator

No BS
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 08 Oct 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby No BS » Sun, 08 Oct 2017 8:26 pm

ecureilx wrote:
No BS wrote:Hi Moderators,

I had applied for a Singaporean-PR in Jan 2014, which got rejected in May 2014, here's my profile from then:
My Nationality: Indian
My Education: MBA (best institute in India)
My Salary: SGD 18,000/ month (in Singapore)
My Age: 29 years
My Job: Investment Banking
Wife's Location: Working in India
Wife's Nationality: Indian
Wife's Education: MS (USA)
Wife's Salary: SGD 1,000/ month (in India)
Wife's Age: 29 years


after which I got disheartened and left Singapore (in August 2014) and lived in London and Mumbai. After leaving I realized how much I missed Singapore, so now I am back in Singapore in a new job. My current profile is:
My Nationality: Indian
My Education: MBA (best institute in India)
My Salary: SGD 12,000/ month (in Singapore)
My Age: 33 years
My Job: PE Investor
Wife's Location: Working in Singapore
Wife's Nationality: Indian
Wife's Education: MS + PhD (USA)
Wife's Salary: SGD 5,000/ month (in Singapore), working as a scientist for the Singaporean Government
Wife's Age: 33 years

Does it make sense to reapply for a PR now? Many thanks in advance for your help.
PE?

Oh, banker?

If your Uni is one of the best, you have a chance

If you apply with 3 year NOA

PS, I am not Moderator


Thanks ecureilx for your reply.

Just to clarify: My previous attempt was with 3 NOAs. I had shifted to Singapore when I was 25 and had applied at the age of 29. The change this time around is primarily my wife's additional degree and her job with the Singaporean govt., my profile remains largely the same and have not yet filed any NOAs (since my return).

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 08 Oct 2017 10:20 pm

No BS wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
No BS wrote:Hi Moderators,

I had applied for a Singaporean-PR in Jan 2014, which got rejected in May 2014, here's my profile from then:
My Nationality: Indian
My Education: MBA (best institute in India)
My Salary: SGD 18,000/ month (in Singapore)
My Age: 29 years
My Job: Investment Banking
Wife's Location: Working in India
Wife's Nationality: Indian
Wife's Education: MS (USA)
Wife's Salary: SGD 1,000/ month (in India)
Wife's Age: 29 years


after which I got disheartened and left Singapore (in August 2014) and lived in London and Mumbai. After leaving I realized how much I missed Singapore, so now I am back in Singapore in a new job. My current profile is:
My Nationality: Indian
My Education: MBA (best institute in India)
My Salary: SGD 12,000/ month (in Singapore)
My Age: 33 years
My Job: PE Investor
Wife's Location: Working in Singapore
Wife's Nationality: Indian
Wife's Education: MS + PhD (USA)
Wife's Salary: SGD 5,000/ month (in Singapore), working as a scientist for the Singaporean Government
Wife's Age: 33 years

Does it make sense to reapply for a PR now? Many thanks in advance for your help.
PE?

Oh, banker?

If your Uni is one of the best, you have a chance

If you apply with 3 year NOA

PS, I am not Moderator


Thanks ecureilx for your reply.

Just to clarify: My previous attempt was with 3 NOAs. I had shifted to Singapore when I was 25 and had applied at the age of 29. The change this time around is primarily my wife's additional degree and her job with the Singaporean govt., my profile remains largely the same and have not yet filed any NOAs (since my return).


I am sure You know your Ethnic group is on the low success group

I suggest you get at least one NOA.

ICA may find it odd you have a gap in your NOA


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests