Singapore Expats Forum

Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
jamie9vardy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby jamie9vardy » Sat, 20 May 2017 10:40 pm

chef_farhan wrote:Oo i see, cos last time i check in order to apply for dependent visa need at least sgd 5k salary. My salary not yet reach. Any other solution ?

Sent from my SM-J320G using Tapatalk

Not much... You may need to wait till you hit the $5k mark. Does your wife work? If yes, have you explored the possibility of her applying for a job here and get her own work pass?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chef_farhan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 20 May 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby chef_farhan » Sat, 20 May 2017 10:45 pm

She' s not working, mine is sgd4k right now, hmmm thanks everyone

Sent from my SM-J320G using Tapatalk

goldgoldstars
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 19 Apr 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby goldgoldstars » Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:19 am

teejay_ wrote:I recently got a job offer as a product designer for Grab in Singapore with a monthly offer of $7k SGD a month. I'm American, I got my bachelor's degree from University of California, Santa Barbara, and have work experience in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley. Grab HR applied for my EP 3 and a half weeks ago, and the status is still pending. Why is this taking so long? Should I be worried?


May I know how many years of experience do you have?

MsClaudette
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 14 Jun 2017

Studying on an Employment Pass

Postby MsClaudette » Thu, 15 Jun 2017 9:06 am

Hi. I am a teacher and I've been an EP holder for 8 years. I'll be doing a one-year online PGCE course from a UK university in September and this requires me to do intensive coursework and practice teaching in another International School, not in the same school where I'm currently employed. I will have to leave my job for a while to do this course. Is it possible for me to switch to a student visa or long term social visit pass during the course, and then apply again for EP after a year? Assuming I'll get a new teaching job after the course.

Really appreciate anyone who can help me. Thanks!!

XPAT10728
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 01 Apr 2015

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby XPAT10728 » Fri, 16 Jun 2017 10:36 pm

Just curious about the salary criterion for DP eligibility; how strict is it enforced? I've been hearing from my friends about their friends earning below 5k and still got DP for their spouses. And all of these people work in big MNCs with huge turnover. So, is it like the government might relax a bit on this restriction depending on the companies applying for the pass?

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1256
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby singaporeflyer » Sun, 18 Jun 2017 5:18 pm

XPAT10728 wrote:Just curious about the salary criterion for DP eligibility; how strict is it enforced? I've been hearing from my friends about their friends earning below 5k and still got DP for their spouses. And all of these people work in big MNCs with huge turnover. So, is it like the government might relax a bit on this restriction depending on the companies applying for the pass?


Nowadays EP's with salary less than 5K is very tough. That should give you an idea on how it would be for DP

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9662
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 18 Jun 2017 11:13 pm

XPAT10728 wrote:Just curious about the salary criterion for DP eligibility; how strict is it enforced? I've been hearing from my friends about their friends earning below 5k and still got DP for their spouses. And all of these people work in big MNCs with huge turnover. So, is it like the government might relax a bit on this restriction depending on the companies applying for the pass?

If they got DP under previous rules and didn't change employer, the DP should remain at renewal.

5zl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 24 Apr 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby 5zl » Mon, 19 Jun 2017 3:58 pm

Hello everyone,

Recently I got a job offer in Singapore got my epass approved, everything was going fine for one month, due to some serious family issues I had to resign my job I got my epass cancelled, i realised my mistake I really need to settle in Singapore as I liked the country much. Can I be able come to Singapore again in visit pass if so how many days should I need to stay out of Singapore to apply social visit pass, please help me.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1256
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 19 Jun 2017 4:00 pm

5zl wrote:Hello everyone,

Recently I got a job offer in Singapore got my epass approved, everything was going fine for one month, due to some serious family issues I had to resign my job I got my epass cancelled, i realised my mistake I really need to settle in Singapore as I liked the country much. Can I be able come to Singapore again in visit pass if so how many days should I need to stay out of Singapore to apply social visit pass, please help me.



Why do you want to come again? The number of days that you can stay, depends on your nationality

5zl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 24 Apr 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby 5zl » Mon, 19 Jun 2017 4:10 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
5zl wrote:Hello everyone,

Recently I got a job offer in Singapore got my epass approved, everything was going fine for one month, due to some serious family issues I had to resign my job I got my epass cancelled, i realised my mistake I really need to settle in Singapore as I liked the country much. Can I be able come to Singapore again in visit pass if so how many days should I need to stay out of Singapore to apply social visit pass, please help me.



Why do you want to come again? The number of days that you can stay, depends on your nationality



Hello Singapore flyer,
Thank you for the valuable response, the reason I want to come again is that I liked working in Singapore due to unavoidable situation I had to leave , so I want to make things come in right place again, my second part of question was how many days should I have to stay out of Singapore to apply for social visit pass. To avoid rejection from ICA

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1256
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 19 Jun 2017 4:14 pm

5zl wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
5zl wrote:Hello everyone,

Recently I got a job offer in Singapore got my epass approved, everything was going fine for one month, due to some serious family issues I had to resign my job I got my epass cancelled, i realised my mistake I really need to settle in Singapore as I liked the country much. Can I be able come to Singapore again in visit pass if so how many days should I need to stay out of Singapore to apply social visit pass, please help me.



Why do you want to come again? The number of days that you can stay, depends on your nationality



Hello Singapore flyer,
Thank you for the valuable response, the reason I want to come again is that I liked working in Singapore due to unavoidable situation I had to leave , so I want to make things come in right place again, my second part of question was how many days should I have to stay out of Singapore to apply for social visit pass. To avoid rejection from ICA


There is no fixed number of days. But previously you were on EP and now if you apply SVP again it should be ok I feel. Unless you cancelled EP and stayed for 30 days on SVP the previous time. Which country are you from?

5zl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 24 Apr 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby 5zl » Mon, 19 Jun 2017 4:20 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
5zl wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Why do you want to come again? The number of days that you can stay, depends on your nationality



Hello Singapore flyer,
Thank you for the valuable response, the reason I want to come again is that I liked working in Singapore due to unavoidable situation I had to leave , so I want to make things come in right place again, my second part of question was how many days should I have to stay out of Singapore to apply for social visit pass. To avoid rejection from ICA


There is no fixed number of days. But previously you were on EP and now if you apply SVP again it should be ok I feel. Unless you cancelled EP and stayed for 30 days on SVP the previous time. Which country are you from?



Am from india, my previous employer have cancelled my epass with grace period of 30 days given by mom, I utilized 15 days from the grace period

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1256
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 19 Jun 2017 4:51 pm

5zl wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
5zl wrote:

Hello Singapore flyer,
Thank you for the valuable response, the reason I want to come again is that I liked working in Singapore due to unavoidable situation I had to leave , so I want to make things come in right place again, my second part of question was how many days should I have to stay out of Singapore to apply for social visit pass. To avoid rejection from ICA


There is no fixed number of days. But previously you were on EP and now if you apply SVP again it should be ok I feel. Unless you cancelled EP and stayed for 30 days on SVP the previous time. Which country are you from?



Am from india, my previous employer have cancelled my epass with grace period of 30 days given by mom, I utilized 15 days from the grace period


Then better dont come back on SVP for the next 3-4 months.

5zl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 24 Apr 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby 5zl » Mon, 19 Jun 2017 4:56 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
5zl wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
There is no fixed number of days. But previously you were on EP and now if you apply SVP again it should be ok I feel. Unless you cancelled EP and stayed for 30 days on SVP the previous time. Which country are you from?



Am from india, my previous employer have cancelled my epass with grace period of 30 days given by mom, I utilized 15 days from the grace period


Then better dont come back on SVP for the next 3-4 months.


May I know why do you say that?

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1256
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 19 Jun 2017 5:13 pm

5zl wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
5zl wrote:

Am from india, my previous employer have cancelled my epass with grace period of 30 days given by mom, I utilized 15 days from the grace period


Then better dont come back on SVP for the next 3-4 months.


May I know why do you say that?


It is their country and they can decide on how often you can enter as a tourist.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests