Singapore Expats

Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
suewilliamson

Post by suewilliamson » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 5:00 pm

Due to work commitments my boyfriend has relocated to Singapore, I would like to go out and stay with him whilst he is working. Please advise me on what type of visa i should apply for. I understand that a UK citizen can stay in the country for up to 30 days but I wish to stay for five months whilst he carries out his work. Is this possible and if so which visa should i be applying for.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 5:10 pm

suewilliamson wrote:Due to work commitments my boyfriend has relocated to Singapore, I would like to go out and stay with him whilst he is working. Please advise me on what type of visa i should apply for. I understand that a UK citizen can stay in the country for up to 30 days but I wish to stay for five months whilst he carries out his work. Is this possible and if so which visa should i be applying for.
British passport holders now get 90 days SVP on arrival. Just take a short trip out of Singapore, take a flight out is best, and you should get another 90 days when you come back in.

This isn't 100% guaranteed I must stress but they wont normally ask any questions the 1st time, especially if you take a flight out for a few days.

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Post by littlegreenman » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 7:09 pm

suewilliamson wrote:Due to work commitments my boyfriend has relocated to Singapore, I would like to go out and stay with him whilst he is working. Please advise me on what type of visa i should apply for. I understand that a UK citizen can stay in the country for up to 30 days but I wish to stay for five months whilst he carries out his work. Is this possible and if so which visa should i be applying for.
Dupe post from another thread http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic61350.html

Shola Ultimate

Post by Shola Ultimate » Sun, 22 Aug 2010 5:48 pm

Hi everyone,
Need your opinion and kind assistance here.

One of the questions that MOM website doesnt answer and I couldnt find in FAQs or forums was do I need to furnish my spouse (dependent's) educational certificates for processing her dependent visa?

Appreciate your help !
NZ

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 22 Aug 2010 6:21 pm

No, but you need to be able to submit proof of marriage or parentage if it's your child.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Shola Ultimate

Post by Shola Ultimate » Sun, 22 Aug 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks a mil SMS,

Do we have some precedence on this? The reason I am a bit cautious is that she lost her certs and re-issuance will take sometime whereas I dont intend to let her stay there alone.

The process as I understand from MOM is that my employer will file on-line application which would take 2-3 weeks for approval.

Marriage certificate has to be in English (translation is essential I guess)

regards
NZ

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 22 Aug 2010 6:57 pm

Shola Ultimate wrote:Thanks a mil SMS,

Do we have some precedence on this? The reason I am a bit cautious is that she lost her certs and re-issuance will take sometime whereas I dont intend to let her stay there alone.

The process as I understand from MOM is that my employer will file on-line application which would take 2-3 weeks for approval.

Marriage certificate has to be in English (translation is essential I guess)

regards
Processing Time for Dependant pass is 7 days and usually the processing will be faster than 7 days (mostly will get it within 3 days if you are on a Q1/P2/P1 Pass).

Yes Marriage Certificate has to be in English

Though the educational certificate of spouse for DP is not mandatory it is safe to have it if in case MOM asks for it.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 22 Aug 2010 6:59 pm

It would be wise to start proceedings to replace her original certificates before she arrives (just looking at it from a logistical point. If she eventually wants to work, she will need them to support any work application or EP application. Best to do it now rather than have any offer later and lose it because of procrastination. :wink:

SF,

Educational certificates are not required for a DP.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx

Assuming the Dependent is a 3 year old child? If qualified for a DP then so would a wife. Both only need to prove a legal relationship to the EP holder. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Shola Ultimate

Post by Shola Ultimate » Sun, 22 Aug 2010 8:20 pm

Thanks SF & SMS,

Actually we have started the process but it will take 4-5 months and we arent keen on having her work here for now. Once certs are there then yea no harm in trying :)

MOM rep called me up and she failed to answer this simple question as i logged my query in. Kept on saying it depends on IPA letter.

We will write her true education in the form though.

should have joined this forum earlier !!

regards
NZ

kimoi

Post by kimoi » Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:05 am

Hi I am new here.

I have my IPA with me. I am here in malaysia, just exit last Monday because my social visit pass will end that day. I am a filipino btw.

When I enter Singapore again, I will show the IPA to the SG Immigration officer. Do I still need a return ticket to the Philippines? As others say, I am still a social visitor, thats why I still need a return ticket, though I have my IPA with me.

Thanks for your help. Be back at SG this afternoon.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:15 pm

kimoi wrote:Hi I am new here.

I have my IPA with me. I am here in malaysia, just exit last Monday because my social visit pass will end that day. I am a filipino btw.

When I enter Singapore again, I will show the IPA to the SG Immigration officer. Do I still need a return ticket to the Philippines? As others say, I am still a social visitor, thats why I still need a return ticket, though I have my IPA with me.

no you dont need a return ticket if u have an IPA

kimoi

Post by kimoi » Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:50 pm

carlsum1986 wrote:
kimoi wrote:Hi I am new here.

no you dont need a return ticket if u have an IPA
Okay. Thanks. I trust your answer and I will not provide return ticket.

orange88

Post by orange88 » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 6:32 pm

yingying2888 wrote:hi there,

i know this E / Spass thingy has been asked alot of times and in many threads, but i guess this is the most relevant place to ask this question.

1. i have been studying in singapore for all my life, but i'm still a malaysian.

2. i have passed all the interviews of SIA as a cabin crew, and am awaiting for them to apply the E pass for me.

3. i posses a diploma in singapore polytechnic.

wat are the chances of getting the passe being approved? i understand that there is a minimum requirements where basic salary must be more than $1800, but SIA's basic is only $1200. how are they going to appl the work passes for foreigners based on these?

appreciates comments and feedbacks with regards to this issue. thanks.
Much similar to this post, I have a friend who failed medical 4 years ago (uncollected work pass) hence being able to get the same job in singapore, the company is now helping to apply for a work pass. What are the chances of the work pass being approved? How can I assist her on this matter? Please kindly advise.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 8:18 pm

orange88 wrote:

i know this E / Spass thingy has been asked alot of times and in many threads, but i guess this is the most relevant place to ask this question.

1. i have been studying in singapore for all my life, but i'm still a malaysian.

2. i have passed all the interviews of SIA as a cabin crew, and am awaiting for them to apply the E pass for me.

wat are the chances of getting the passe being approved? i understand that there is a minimum requirements where basic salary must be more than $1800, but SIA's basic is only $1200. how are they going to appl the work passes for foreigners based on these?

Much similar to this post, I have a friend who failed medical 4 years ago (uncollected work pass) hence being able to get the same job in singapore, the company is now helping to apply for a work pass. What are the chances of the work pass being approved? How can I assist her on this matter? Please kindly advise.
how did she fail her medical?HIV?TB?

orange88

Post by orange88 » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:55 pm

carlsum1986 wrote:
orange88 wrote:

how did she fail her medical?HIV?TB?
She was pretty sure it was neither both.