Singapore Expats

Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
daisygirl_13

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Post by daisygirl_13 » Tue, 19 Sep 2017 1:44 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Just hang in there. If the money is there, they are tightening up a bit on LoCs (primarily people with high pedigrees but accepting low salary admin jobs. So, they take a little bit longer, but you will probably eventually get it. MOM likes to play a waiting game I think, just to see how serious the applicant is. Just keep fingers crossed.
I got my LOC approved this morning. thanks for ur support

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Sep 2017 2:00 pm

There you go! Now get to work! lol Congrats :mrgreen:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Tonyroy

Re: Research in Singapore

Post by Tonyroy » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 8:23 pm

KIndiana wrote:Hi! I am an American graduate student who plans to do fieldwork for 6 months in Singapore. The data I collect will be the substance of my dissertation. But I am having problems figuring out what sort of pass I need to obtain that will allow me to extend my visit for six months. I cannot get a student pass because I am not taking classes at the universities. I also don't qualify for a professional pass. Are there any academics out there who have been through this process who could guide me? I am not sure what to do next.
If you post any more ads for the consultancy, your account will be locked.

I have deleted references. Do not put them back.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 8:43 pm

Tonyroy wrote:
KIndiana wrote:Hi! I am an American graduate student who plans to do fieldwork for 6 months in Singapore. The data I collect will be the substance of my dissertation. But I am having problems figuring out what sort of pass I need to obtain that will allow me to extend my visit for six months. I cannot get a student pass because I am not taking classes at the universities. I also don't qualify for a professional pass. Are there any academics out there who have been through this process who could guide me? I am not sure what to do next.
Yes, if you want to stay in Singapore for some time you need an entry pass to stay here. You can read here for complete procedure and requirements of entry pass. Visit: SPAM REMOVED
Why should they refer to your site and not the MOM website?
http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/entrepass

Tonyroy

Post by Tonyroy » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 8:55 pm

Yes, they can I am only giving more suggestion as I also refer it and I found this information is useful that why I am sharing it.

Tonyroy

Post by Tonyroy » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 8:59 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tonyroy wrote:
Yes, if you want to stay in Singapore for some time you need an entry pass to stay here. You can read here for complete procedure and requirements of entry pass. Visit: SPAM REMOVED
Why should they refer to your site and not the MOM website?
http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/entrepass
Yes, they can I am only giving more suggestion as I also refer it and I found this information is useful that why I am sharing it.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:10 pm

[-X ! BS! And posting from a known Indian Spammer IP addy.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

No BS

Post by No BS » Sun, 08 Oct 2017 6:45 pm

Hi Moderators,

I had applied for a Singaporean-PR in Jan 2014, which got rejected in May 2014, here's my profile from then:
My Nationality: Indian
My Education: MBA (best institute in India)
My Salary: SGD 18,000/ month (in Singapore)
My Age: 29 years
My Job: Investment Banking
Wife's Location: Working in India
Wife's Nationality: Indian
Wife's Education: MS (USA)
Wife's Salary: SGD 1,000/ month (in India)
Wife's Age: 29 years

after which I got disheartened and left Singapore (in August 2014) and lived in London and Mumbai. After leaving I realized how much I missed Singapore, so now I am back in Singapore in a new job. My current profile is:
My Salary: SGD 12,000/ month (in Singapore)
My Age: 33 years
My Job: PE Investor
Wife's Location: Working in Singapore
Wife's Education: MS + PhD (USA)
Wife's Salary: SGD 5,000/ month (in Singapore), working as a scientist for the Singaporean Government
Wife's Age: 33 years

Does it make sense to reapply for a PR now? Many thanks in advance for your help.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 08 Oct 2017 8:06 pm

No BS wrote:Hi Moderators,

I had applied for a Singaporean-PR in Jan 2014, which got rejected in May 2014, here's my profile from then:

after which I got disheartened and left Singapore (in August 2014) and lived in London and Mumbai. After leaving I realized how much I missed Singapore, so now I am back in Singapore in a new job. My current profile is:
Wife's Salary: SGD 5,000/ month (in Singapore), working as a scientist for the Singaporean Government

Does it make sense to reapply for a PR now? Many thanks in advance for your help.
PE?

Oh, banker?

If your Uni is one of the best, you have a chance

If you apply with 3 year NOA

PS, I am not Moderator

No BS

Post by No BS » Sun, 08 Oct 2017 8:26 pm

ecureilx wrote:

PE?

Oh, banker?

PS, I am not Moderator
Thanks ecureilx for your reply.

Just to clarify: My previous attempt was with 3 NOAs. I had shifted to Singapore when I was 25 and had applied at the age of 29. The change this time around is primarily my wife's additional degree and her job with the Singaporean govt., my profile remains largely the same and have not yet filed any NOAs (since my return).

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 08 Oct 2017 10:20 pm

No BS wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

PE?

Oh, banker?

PS, I am not Moderator
Thanks ecureilx for your reply.

Just to clarify: My previous attempt was with 3 NOAs. I had shifted to Singapore when I was 25 and had applied at the age of 29. The change this time around is primarily my wife's additional degree and her job with the Singaporean govt., my profile remains largely the same and have not yet filed any NOAs (since my return).
I am sure You know your Ethnic group is on the low success group

I suggest you get at least one NOA.

ICA may find it odd you have a gap in your NOA

kijan.maharjan

Post by kijan.maharjan » Mon, 28 May 2018 6:26 pm

Hi guys,

I have a question. Can I apply for EP 2nd time. First time, company applied for me and i was rejected. Not sure the reason. 2nd time another company is apply for me. Can I apply or not? What should i do to get my EP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 28 May 2018 8:24 pm

kijan.maharjan wrote:Hi guys,

I have a question. Can I apply for EP 2nd time. First time, company applied for me and i was rejected. Not sure the reason. 2nd time another company is apply for me. Can I apply or not? What should i do to get my EP

Any company registered with MOM can apply EP for a candidate. so, your 2nd company where you were offered a job can apply EP for you. You as an individual cannot apply for EP. As long as you submit your past work experience and educational details MOM will assess whether they can offer an EP for you. You cannot do much than this to get an EP.

kijan.maharjan

Post by kijan.maharjan » Tue, 29 May 2018 1:59 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
kijan.maharjan wrote:Hi guys,

Any company registered with MOM can apply EP for a candidate. so, your 2nd company where you were offered a job can apply EP for you. You as an individual cannot apply for EP. As long as you submit your past work experience and educational details MOM will assess whether they can offer an EP for you. You cannot do much than this to get an EP.

Thank you mate. But do you know the rejection will based on my documents or company portfolio?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 29 May 2018 8:24 pm

kijan.maharjan wrote:Thank you mate. But do you know the rejection will based on my documents or company portfolio?

Maybe both. You and your company need to satisfy MoM's requirements. You need to have the required experience, salary, and education, and your credentials need to be verifiable. Your company has to have followed the hiring process, and not committed an act that would put them on MoM's blacklist.