Singapore Expats

Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Documents required for EP collection

Post by the lynx » Tue, 07 Oct 2014 9:18 am

tommytan wrote:Hello all,

Recently my employer is applying EP to MOM. the HR sent me an email to say MOM may need some documents when collecting EP from MOM. One of them is each university qualification certificate and past employment testimonials....there is no problem with the certificates but i have worked for 10 years for 3 different employers. Do I need to go back and request references form each of them......I went to the MOM official website but din see this. Only see this in the agency website.....Anyone who works for few years and in the situation that MOM wants each of past employment testimonials when collecting EP??? or this is just optional supporting documents? Please advise.....
It is not common. But it doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. And yes, you have to write to the HR or your ex-manager to request for these. Hope you didn't burn the bridges back there...

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Minimum Monthly Fixed Salary Raised to $5000 for DP Sponsorship

Post by BBCWatcher » Sun, 18 Oct 2015 9:20 am

In case anybody missed the news, from September 1, 2015, new Employment Pass holders must have a monthly fixed salary of at least S$5,000 in order to sponsor any immediate family members (spouse, children) for Dependant's Passes. The minimum is now $10,000 to sponsor a parent for a LTVP.

Provided the EP holder remains with the same employer, DP and LTVP renewals (for DPs and LTVPs applied for before September 1, 2015) will be assessed under the previous minimum income requirements. New EP (including change of employer), DP, and LTVP applications (including lapsed DPs and LTVPs -- the same dependants attempting to return to Singapore to live with the EP holder) trigger the new minimum income requirements.

This could be quite awkward if, for example, you're an EP holder who sent your child to go to school for a couple years outside Singapore and stay with a relative, and if you don't meet the new income requirement to bring the child back on a new DP. And I'm not sure what happens if you're an EP holder who gives birth in Singapore (or the spouse of one) and you don't meet the new income requirement. Does that newborn have to leave Singapore within 42 days of birth? These are more realistic minimum income figures for foreigners to support dependants here, so I suppose it makes sense.

5zl

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Post by 5zl » Mon, 24 Apr 2017 1:08 pm

Hi everyone,

My epass had been rejected recently, my employer have made a appeal on my epass rejection. could anyone help me with how many days it will take for the result of a appeal normally? and how are the chances for getting apporval of epass on a appeal. (my employer has made changes on application when submitting for a appeal), please help me with this query.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 24 Apr 2017 2:14 pm

5zl wrote:Hi everyone,

My epass had been rejected recently, my employer have made a appeal on my epass rejection. could anyone help me with how many days it will take for the result of a appeal normally? and how are the chances for getting apporval of epass on a appeal. (my employer has made changes on application when submitting for a appeal), please help me with this query.

EP Appeal will take 3 weeks or longer. As per the current situation it should take longer. How can we say the chances for appeal when you have not mentioned about what was changed in the appeal. Usually if there is no major change in the appeal when compared to the application, the result of the appeal will also be rejected..

5zl

Post by 5zl » Tue, 02 May 2017 12:08 pm

hi,

Thank you for your valuable response, my employer has made changes in my salary on appeal for my epass, as of now, i have been asked to produce certain documents to MOM, after uploading those document we have received a message from MOM that they said it will take 3 weeks time for the result
thereby can i expect positive result from MOM? can i also expect the result before three weeks.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 02 May 2017 1:13 pm

5zl wrote:hi,

Thank you for your valuable response, my employer has made changes in my salary on appeal for my epass, as of now, i have been asked to produce certain documents to MOM, after uploading those document we have received a message from MOM that they said it will take 3 weeks time for the result
thereby can i expect positive result from MOM? can i also expect the result before three weeks.

No one here can say if the result will be positive or if you can expect the result within 3 weeks.

teejay_

Post by teejay_ » Thu, 18 May 2017 2:59 am

I recently got a job offer as a product designer for Grab in Singapore with a monthly offer of $7k SGD a month. I'm American, I got my bachelor's degree from University of California, Santa Barbara, and have work experience in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley. Grab HR applied for my EP 3 and a half weeks ago, and the status is still pending. Why is this taking so long? Should I be worried?

deenubehara

Post by deenubehara » Thu, 18 May 2017 12:21 pm

Hi Guys,

My wife moved to Singapore on Dependent pass. Later when she received job offer in singapore, she moved onto Spass(DP has been cancelled). Now due to some health concerns, she is planning to quit her job. Now, does my HR needs to apply for a fresh DP or do you think my HR can simply re-activate the same old DP. Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 18 May 2017 1:56 pm

deenubehara wrote:Hi Guys,

My wife moved to Singapore on Dependent pass. Later when she received job offer in singapore, she moved onto Spass(DP has been cancelled). Now due to some health concerns, she is planning to quit her job. Now, does my HR needs to apply for a fresh DP or do you think my HR can simply re-activate the same old DP. Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance.
Must reapply new DP

chef_farhan

Post by chef_farhan » Sat, 20 May 2017 5:23 pm

Hi guys new here, from Malaysia Wanna ask some question,
Im currently been offered a job in singapore, s pass . So the thing is, can i bring my wife together without spouse visa, and how long can she stay in sg? She's Malaysian also.

Sent from my SM-J320G using Tapatalk

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 20 May 2017 8:35 pm

chef_farhan wrote:Hi guys new here, from Malaysia Wanna ask some question,
Im currently been offered a job in singapore, s pass . So the thing is, can i bring my wife together without spouse visa, and how long can she stay in sg? She's Malaysian also.
30 days on a standard Social Visit Pass

chef_farhan

Post by chef_farhan » Sat, 20 May 2017 8:39 pm

Ok tq, if after that every month oso in and out of jb? Any restriction after that?

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sat, 20 May 2017 9:03 pm

chef_farhan wrote:Ok tq, if after that every month oso in and out of jb? Any restriction after that?

Visa run by entering JB then come back in won't work. Maybe after 2 rounds she will be denied entry.

chef_farhan

Post by chef_farhan » Sat, 20 May 2017 9:25 pm

Oo i see, cos last time i check in order to apply for dependent visa need at least sgd 5k salary. My salary not yet reach. Any other solution ?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 20 May 2017 10:36 pm

chef_farhan wrote:Oo i see, cos last time i check in order to apply for dependent visa need at least sgd 5k salary. My salary not yet reach. Any other solution ?

None