Singapore Expats

Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Post by Pal » Mon, 09 Aug 2004 8:41 pm

Please read before posting

Information attached below:
  • Employment Pass (P1, P2 Pass, Q Pass, S Pass)
  • Short Term Employment Pass
  • Training Visit Pass
  • EntrePass
  • Dependant's Pass or Letter of Consent
  • Long Term Social Visit Pass
[hr]
[web]http://www.mom.gov.sg/MOM/CDA/0,1858,96 ... --,00.html[/web]
Please visit Singapore Ministry of Manpower for more information.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Post by Guest » Sat, 14 May 2005 3:49 pm

KIndiana

Research in Singapore

Post by KIndiana » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 2:02 am

Hi! I am an American graduate student who plans to do fieldwork for 6 months in Singapore. The data I collect will be the substance of my dissertation. But I am having problems figuring out what sort of pass I need to obtain that will allow me to extend my visit for six months. I cannot get a student pass because I am not taking classes at the universities. I also don't qualify for a professional pass. Are there any academics out there who have been through this process who could guide me? I am not sure what to do next.

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bunty » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 2:08 pm

can u tell me where i can get information to become a PR. is there any minimum lenght of time of stay required in singapore before one can apply for PR.

I am a P1 EP holder....working for a MNC bank....

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 4:35 am

http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_pr/index.asp
bunty wrote:can u tell me where i can get information to become a PR. is there any minimum lenght of time of stay required in singapore before one can apply for PR.

I am a P1 EP holder....working for a MNC bank....
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:56 am

hi there,

i know this E / Spass thingy has been asked alot of times and in many threads, but i guess this is the most relevant place to ask this question.

1. i have been studying in singapore for all my life, but i'm still a malaysian.

2. i have passed all the interviews of SIA as a cabin crew, and am awaiting for them to apply the E pass for me.

3. i posses a diploma in singapore polytechnic.

wat are the chances of getting the passe being approved? i understand that there is a minimum requirements where basic salary must be more than $1800, but SIA's basic is only $1200. how are they going to appl the work passes for foreigners based on these?

appreciates comments and feedbacks with regards to this issue. thanks.
the world at your doorstep

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Tue, 12 Feb 2008 2:10 pm

yingying2888 wrote:2. i have passed all the interviews of SIA as a cabin crew, and am awaiting for them to apply the E pass for me.
Short and sweet -- if the application is done by SIA on your behalf, I don't really see MOM rejecting it. While your basic salary may be low, the various bonuses should more than make up for it.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

fairlady_1504

Post by fairlady_1504 » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 2:48 pm

yingying2888 wrote:hi there,

i know this E / Spass thingy has been asked alot of times and in many threads, but i guess this is the most relevant place to ask this question.

1. i have been studying in singapore for all my life, but i'm still a malaysian.

2. i have passed all the interviews of SIA as a cabin crew, and am awaiting for them to apply the E pass for me.

3. i posses a diploma in singapore polytechnic.

wat are the chances of getting the passe being approved? i understand that there is a minimum requirements where basic salary must be more than $1800, but SIA's basic is only $1200. how are they going to appl the work passes for foreigners based on these?

appreciates comments and feedbacks with regards to this issue. thanks.
Hi ying2, have you got ur s-pass yet??

Indust

Hey all!!

Post by Indust » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 1:12 pm

:???:

Well the MOM, is one of the most confusing sites i've ever looked at!!! ok I know theres a million different visas you can apply for,

Can someone tell me the first step. What is the very first thing I should do, (lets say a company has interest in me) Do I immediately contact the company? (lets say I have forwarded my resume, qualifications, relevent working experience, Is their word good enough for working experience or do they need exact pay slips! and reference? what if u dont have pay slips?

On my behalf what do I have to do, and on the employers behalf what do they do...

does every work permit have to be applied for by the employer?

Indust

Post by Indust » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 1:16 pm

Added note how long does the pass take to register as in when can I use it?

PPS its looking riduclous but it looks like I'll have to go singapore talk to employers first, (they dont want to do any phone interview or video interview!!!) have them apply for my work permit then would I then have to leave the country (to my home country) and come back again for the permit to work!!!!

brendanrtw

I'm getting a P1 - can my girlfirend work?

Post by brendanrtw » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 3:41 am

I'm relocating to Singapore in June, and will have a P1 employment pass.

The options on the application for a dependant pass seem to be related to a "Spouse". My girlfriend (of 8 years) is coming with me ... can she get a dependant pass and work?

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 9:03 pm

Yes, if and only if you can convince the MOM that she is your "common-law spouse", which requires documentation up the wazoo.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Jpp

PEP

Post by Jpp » Thu, 14 May 2009 10:19 pm

Hi! This site is very helpful! Thanks to all of you!

1- Who applies for the PEP? The employee I assume (instead of the employer)?
2- The MOM site says the P1 holders' application for PEP will be approved in principle. How soon can the P1 holder apply for PEP?

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Re: PEP

Post by Zeenit » Fri, 15 May 2009 9:28 am

Jpp wrote:Hi! This site is very helpful! Thanks to all of you!

1- Who applies for the PEP? The employee I assume (instead of the employer)?
2- The MOM site says the P1 holders' application for PEP will be approved in principle. How soon can the P1 holder apply for PEP?
Normally you must be here 6 months before you can apply. And in most cases you will be sent a letter from MOM asking if you would like to apply.
You need to earn $30k or more per year to be elligible and its lasts for 5 yrs.

It took us 4 weeks to be accepted and as we from the UK no medical just a declaration.
Zeenit

Jpp

EP

Post by Jpp » Fri, 15 May 2009 10:34 pm

Thank you Zeenit! :)

The P1 EP must first be obtained then, before going for a PEP upon invitation :)