Singapore Expats

Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 9:58 am

then what caused the problem??

orange88

Post by orange88 » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 10:38 am

carlsum1986 wrote:then what caused the problem??
No answer given as she only received a rejection letter. She confirmed that she has not collected any work pass. Suspected that she only has an pre approved one at that point of time.
But this time after 4 years, she went for a pre employment medical and was given the green light. She would like to know if this would affect her application for new work pass?

arupsharma

Post by arupsharma » Thu, 09 Jun 2011 6:17 pm

What is the procedure to and formalities to obtain Employment Pass for a professional seeking employment in Singapore?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 09 Jun 2011 7:51 pm

arupsharma wrote:
What is the procedure to and formalities to obtain Employment Pass for a professional seeking employment in Singapore?
Moan. Groan. Have you looked at ANY of the 1000's of employment pass related threads on this board? Have you tried to Google 'employment pass Singapore'?

Ai yo!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 09 Jun 2011 8:08 pm

And they wonder why we get antsy at times and acerbic most of the time! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 8:39 am

Do you have a Masters

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Fri, 10 Jun 2011 9:24 am

Saint wrote:Do you have a Masters
this should be a legendary statement......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zombiegoldy

Post by zombiegoldy » Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:59 am

Hi Guys,

Need your views. Didn't get any replies on the other thread so posting here.
I and my wife arrived in Singapore in August 2009 and I was on a P2 pass in Singapore. In June 2010 I got a P1 pass and in June 2011 got a PEP. Wifey on DP and not working yet. She is a doctor - MD but still has to study more to get registered in Singapore.

Between March 2010 and October 2010 I spent most of my time in India and Indonesia as i was working on a project which took me to these places. I was still employed in Singapore though but work made me stay in these countries for 7-8 months at a stretch with rare travel to SG. However since late last year we have been back here in SG.

Now i am thinking of applying for PR along with my wife (she is not working currently but looking out and we have been married for more than 3 years). I have been in employment in Singapore for more than around 2 years now and filed 2 tax returns till now.

In the PR application, should I show a change of address for the time i was outside Singapore ( even though salary paid In SG)?

And what do you think are PR chances for us as a couple? Will it be better to wait another 6 months?
My tactic would be to take a quick single and observe him from the other end.

Orgnl13

suk it

Post by Orgnl13 » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 7:30 pm

No more citizenship or PR given out

Orgnl13

Post by Orgnl13 » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 7:32 pm

Lost certs...sure or...using it as a reason. Trying to get fake ones is it?
Shola Ultimate wrote:Thanks a mil SMS,

Do we have some precedence on this? The reason I am a bit cautious is that she lost her certs and re-issuance will take sometime whereas I dont intend to let her stay there alone.

The process as I understand from MOM is that my employer will file on-line application which would take 2-3 weeks for approval.

Marriage certificate has to be in English (translation is essential I guess)

regards

LambbyYay

Post by LambbyYay » Tue, 01 Apr 2014 3:43 pm

yingying2888 wrote:hi there,

i know this E / Spass thingy has been asked alot of times and in many threads, but i guess this is the most relevant place to ask this question.

1. i have been studying in singapore for all my life, but i'm still a malaysian.

2. i have passed all the interviews of SIA as a cabin crew, and am awaiting for them to apply the E pass for me.

3. i posses a diploma in singapore polytechnic.

wat are the chances of getting the passe being approved? i understand that there is a minimum requirements where basic salary must be more than $1800, but SIA's basic is only $1200. how are they going to appl the work passes for foreigners based on these?

appreciates comments and feedbacks with regards to this issue. thanks.
Oh dear. Your monthly salary is too low, very very low. The chances of getting PR is 0%. U need to know that to get SG PR, u must have a high annual salary income that is comparable to the local middle class. On average a successful PR applicant earns an annual salary of SGD $75,000. Also your education qualifications is too common, very ordinary. Compared to ther Malaysians who study in Sg unis and are working as lawyers and doctors in sg, ur profile is not attractive to deserve a PR. Salary is a very important component is deciding PRs.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 01 Apr 2014 4:07 pm

LambbyYay wrote:

i know this E / Spass thingy has been asked alot of times and in many threads, but i guess this is the most relevant place to ask this question.

1. i have been studying in singapore for all my life, but i'm still a malaysian.

2. i have passed all the interviews of SIA as a cabin crew, and am awaiting for them to apply the E pass for me.

wat are the chances of getting the passe being approved? i understand that there is a minimum requirements where basic salary must be more than $1800, but SIA's basic is only $1200. how are they going to appl the work passes for foreigners based on these?

Oh dear. Your monthly salary is too low, very very low. The chances of getting PR is 0%. U need to know that to get SG PR, u must have a high annual salary income that is comparable to the local middle class. On average a successful PR applicant earns an annual salary of SGD $75,000. Also your education qualifications is too common, very ordinary. Compared to ther Malaysians who study in Sg unis and are working as lawyers and doctors in sg, ur profile is not attractive to deserve a PR. Salary is a very important component is deciding PRs.
That post was from 2008. Since then, basic pay from SIA has increased and our dear yingying is probably not even reading this any more.

iamme

Post by iamme » Tue, 01 Apr 2014 4:31 pm

LambbyYay wrote:

I really don't understand why you keep harping on the PR = high salary assumption... yingying was just asking about Epass/Spass matters... Do you even know the difference between work passes and PR?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 01 Apr 2014 5:23 pm

LambbyYay, is a good example of why the gahment still needs to bring in FT. They like to spout off like they know something, but end up with lots of egg on their face. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tommytan

Documents required for EP collection

Post by tommytan » Mon, 06 Oct 2014 3:49 pm

Hello all,

Recently my employer is applying EP to MOM. the HR sent me an email to say MOM may need some documents when collecting EP from MOM. One of them is each university qualification certificate and past employment testimonials....there is no problem with the certificates but i have worked for 10 years for 3 different employers. Do I need to go back and request references form each of them......I went to the MOM official website but din see this. Only see this in the agency website.....Anyone who works for few years and in the situation that MOM wants each of past employment testimonials when collecting EP??? or this is just optional supporting documents? Please advise.....