Singapore Expats Forum

Cycling buddies

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
pixeltrix
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 09 Aug 2004
Location: Singapore

Cycling buddies

Postby pixeltrix » Mon, 09 Aug 2004 6:53 pm

Anyone interested in going for a cycle early in the mornings before work or after work?

I am not up for a "professional" hard core ride but do go every day and am reasonably fit with an okay mountain bike - the reason i state this is that I have tried to keep up with road bikes and find it more than a challenge :lol:

Also - does anyone know if there is anywhere you can go indoor rockclimbing and if so - interested?

And last but not least - is there a decent iceskating rink somewhere here?

Cheers

ryando
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 10 Aug 2004

Postby ryando » Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:35 am

hi pixeltrix dude,

for ice skating, u may try......

Fuji Ice Palace Pte Ltd
Address : 2 Jurong East Central 1 #03-01 Jurong Entertainment Centre Singapore 609731
Telephone : 6565 1905
Fax : 6565 5957
Email : fujiice@singnet.com.sg

cheers.......

turqoise

rock climbing

Postby turqoise » Tue, 12 Oct 2004 9:39 pm

Hi pixeltrix,

if you are interested in rockclimbing check out http://smf_nsa.tripod.com/photo/photo_nrcc.html
there are some man-made rock climbing facilities which are open to the public. These facilities are in yishun however.

if you want to do the natural rock climbing there are a couple of quarries around singapore.

kind regards, turquoise

Keen

Postby Keen » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 5:41 pm

I am interested in cycling before / after work . I have a road bike and am getting fitter- but certainly not fit enough to join dedicated roadies yet. R u still looking for a training partner?

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat, 30 Apr 2005
Contact:

Re: Cycling buddies

Postby MusicFever » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:21 pm

pixeltrix wrote:Anyone interested in going for a cycle early in the mornings before work or after work?

I am not up for a "professional" hard core ride but do go every day and am reasonably fit with an okay mountain bike - the reason i state this is that I have tried to keep up with road bikes and find it more than a challenge :lol:

Also - does anyone know if there is anywhere you can go indoor rockclimbing and if so - interested?

And last but not least - is there a decent iceskating rink somewhere here?

Cheers



I do cycling on most of wednesday nights from 8:30pm to 9:30pm along east coast beach where i live nearby. i have a simple mountain bike but enough for me to do exercise. PM me if you like to meet for cycling.
Cheers!

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Re: Cycling buddies

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:54 pm

MusicFever wrote:
pixeltrix wrote:Anyone interested in going for a cycle early in the mornings before work or after work?

I am not up for a "professional" hard core ride but do go every day and am reasonably fit with an okay mountain bike - the reason i state this is that I have tried to keep up with road bikes and find it more than a challenge :lol:

Also - does anyone know if there is anywhere you can go indoor rockclimbing and if so - interested?

And last but not least - is there a decent iceskating rink somewhere here?

Cheers



I do cycling on most of wednesday nights from 8:30pm to 9:30pm along east coast beach where i live nearby. i have a simple mountain bike but enough for me to do exercise. PM me if you like to meet for cycling.
Cheers!


Hey musicfever, are you a cyclist devotee? Didnot know that? I go for regular bikerides along east coast too, maybe we could take a ride together one day?

Eric

User avatar
tips
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri, 10 Jun 2005

Postby tips » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 8:33 pm

I would liek to cycle if it is at the east coast park

love doing it

do it as often as i can

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat, 30 Apr 2005
Contact:

Re: Cycling buddies

Postby MusicFever » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:35 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
MusicFever wrote:
pixeltrix wrote:Anyone interested in going for a cycle early in the mornings before work or after work?

I am not up for a "professional" hard core ride but do go every day and am reasonably fit with an okay mountain bike - the reason i state this is that I have tried to keep up with road bikes and find it more than a challenge :lol:

Also - does anyone know if there is anywhere you can go indoor rockclimbing and if so - interested?

And last but not least - is there a decent iceskating rink somewhere here?

Cheers


I do cycling on most of wednesday nights from 8:30pm to 9:30pm along east coast beach where i live nearby. i have a simple mountain bike but enough for me to do exercise. PM me if you like to meet for cycling.
Cheers!


Hey musicfever, are you a cyclist devotee? Didnot know that? I go for regular bikerides along east coast too, maybe we could take a ride together one day?

Eric



well eric, what u know abt me is still limited.... am a regular cycling lover who do serious cycling for exercise every week, and squash, jogging, dancing too. my hobbies are both musics and sports, hope this clarifies :wink:
Mon, Wed are great for me for sports as Tue(squash), Thu(reserved for salsa) and Fri(bowling or meet up with frnds) are occupied :(
C u again soon...
Cheers!

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat, 30 Apr 2005
Contact:

Postby MusicFever » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:37 pm

tips wrote:I would liek to cycle if it is at the east coast park

love doing it

do it as often as i can


Just let's make it! PM me for contact info if you are interested to join me for cycling.

yuks
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun, 19 Jun 2005
Location: Singapore

wall climbing

Postby yuks » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 1:37 pm

There's an indoor wall climbing joint near Tanjong Pagar-check out www.climbadventure.com

I've done loads of absailing but not so much the other way around and have been thinking about picking it up. Probably will have to go to one of the courses for starters though. Anywayz, PM me if you're up to it :)

User avatar
Fohls
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue, 19 Apr 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Fohls » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 2:45 pm

Climb Adventure is ok, i'm going to try out Climb Asia soon near Little India to see if it's any good. I'll let you know how i get on.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2308
Joined: Thu, 21 Oct 2004

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 2:50 pm

If climbing is your thing, DO try out Bukit timah nature reserve, on the plain field in the midst of the reserve, it is a natural wall there. Not sure who organizes the rock climbing over there though, but you might wanna check it out in a weekend there. It is fantastic to view.

Eric

User avatar
Fohls
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue, 19 Apr 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Fohls » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 2:53 pm

Yeah my climbing buddy and i are trying to arrange an early morning climb there soon, unfortunately alchohol keeps getting in the way...

User avatar
superedge
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu, 07 Jul 2005
Contact:

Bike 2

Postby superedge » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 1:28 pm

hi all,
I am interested in joining you guys for a biking, as well :)

but first, where can I find a good bike ( mountain bike style ) in the island?
Do you guys have some fix day during the week for that?

Cheers
-Edge

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat, 30 Apr 2005
Contact:

Re: Bike 2

Postby MusicFever » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 9:06 pm

superedge wrote:hi all,
I am interested in joining you guys for a biking, as well :)

but first, where can I find a good bike ( mountain bike style ) in the island?
Do you guys have some fix day during the week for that?

Cheers
-Edge


I also prefer a fixed time and regular biking meet, thu nites or sat afternoons would be good. however, lazy to be an organizer myself.
Carre4 is the one where I chose my bike as i dont need a professional one in this country, a simple mountain bike is enough.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests