Singapore Expats Forum

yOUR VIEWS " JOB SECURITY IN SINGAPORE"

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

itsmylife837

yOUR VIEWS " JOB SECURITY IN SINGAPORE"

Postby itsmylife837 » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:42 am

Hello All,

I am Indian, currently working in Australia with a Multi national company with a very good package and am very happy here.

A Leading company wants me to work for their office in Singapore as my well wisher (who is currently working in this company) recommended me for the post. They want to hire me through another firm for a period of 2yrs (on contract) and saying that this will be extended after seeing my performance.

They are also saying that I can apply for PR after one year. They are offering at around S$8000pm (which is same as i am getting currently in australia after converting the dollar value).

My friends say that as long as they have demand for me, they will keep paying higher salary until they found a replacement. Once they get few people with same skills and experience with much lesser salary , then the Company will say good bye to me and terminate the contract. Is it true???....Does the Companies treat like this in singapore???.....

I am new to the singapore work environment, employers standards, living, life style, etc.

I will be greatful if you can give your inputs and guidence on the above...

Indian

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:07 pm

Hi Itsmylife

Hope you can get some great answers on the forum for your queires.

On a side note pelase don't post the same question in every forum section as it ties up valuable resources - You may note the rest have been deleted - Thanks for your cooperation.

Baf
Be Like Water

einstein

Postby einstein » Tue, 18 Jul 2006 6:26 pm

hi,

If you're saying you are happy now in Ausie, having the same package and obviously satisfied there, why bother to come in Singapore? Unless, there is some interesting reason why you want to take the risk. Why try a cake with the same flavor you are eating now?

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Fri, 21 Jul 2006 4:54 pm

Job security is an oxymoron.
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.