Singapore Expats Forum

4 poster bed

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

4 poster bed

Postby bigfilsing » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:49 am

It's drivin me mad. I can;t find a decent 4 poster bed anywhere. Not the twig like things at barang etc. Solid square posts at least 80 mm by 80mm.
I see them all the time in the various ads for regional resorts etc. but am damned if i can find one here. Like the ones at Turi beach resort ( if anybody knows what i mean)
Must admit i haven;t done the rounds of the obvious places lately ( dempsey etc)
All recommendations welcome.
cheers

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Postby micknlea » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:16 pm

Why don't you get one made for you? Lots of the furniture places (in Dempsey and others etc...) will make to order for you if you ask. I know of quite a few people who have done just that.

In particular my friend got a beautiful bed made and it only took 5 weeks from order to delivery. It is exactly what she had requested and in fact looked better than the plan. The price was pretty much the same as buying a ready made one. Can't remember the exact place for that one but know it was one of the shops in dempsey rd.
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

kaurikid
Regular
Regular

four poster bed

Postby kaurikid » Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:28 am

I got a great four poster bed.
Very similar to the ones at turi beach at a big warehouse balinese shop on Alexandra road.(I think it advertise in the weekend... possibly called PAsa Raya)It took me five years of hunting it is chunky and cool cost 1200 which is a good deal compared to lots of expat shops.
However Shophouse on Lock Road and John Edos gallery do chunky beds