Singapore Expats Forum

please give me suggestions

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
ceramicheart

please give me suggestions

Postby ceramicheart » Sat, 15 Jul 2006 6:02 pm

i am looking someone help me to improve my english, of course i am willing to pay. female as a student here is suitest since easy to get along with and affordable for me.

please contact me: ceramicheart@gmail.com

also please list here your kind suggestions

buy the way i am a china male student here. i can teach u mandarin and may helps with your affaires related to china if possible.

my previouse message is deleted and there was already a reply which i havent seen it though i ve received a mail notification.

maybe my message got something wrong, but i think i should be informed the reasons therefore i wont make mistake again.

Thanks & Bestwishes

cuteguy88

Postby cuteguy88 » Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:14 pm

some poor student trying to pick up some cheap girl hidding as language exchange?

ceramicheart

Postby ceramicheart » Sun, 16 Jul 2006 4:21 pm

everything i wont deny

anyone feel interested please contact me to know me and talk with me!

Matt29

Postby Matt29 » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 5:24 pm

hi there! i'd love to help you cos i wanna learn mandarin! but too bad i havent got that much time to tutor anyone! all the best in finding a tutor!!

ceramicheart

Postby ceramicheart » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:46 pm

anyway MATT29

I approciate u that give me the positive and friendly voice

and why not email me to know each other more

better one more friend than one lless friend ^_^

Linna_

Postby Linna_ » Wed, 19 Jul 2006 3:13 pm

You always can found English speaking Indian men here, they also looking for friends lah, might be you both become close friends enough to stay together and learn from each other

brifusg
Regular
Regular

Postby brifusg » Wed, 19 Jul 2006 4:24 pm

Linna_ wrote:You always can found English speaking Indian men here, they also looking for friends lah, might be you both become close friends enough to stay together and learn from each other

haha, you make me laugh :D

Most of chinese ppl i know, they just cannot get along with Indian, and most of male Indian i know, they do want to make friends with chinese, but hey wait!, except male chinese.

anyway, if our friend here can find male Indian, I'd love to hear!

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Postby renter » Wed, 19 Jul 2006 5:24 pm

Don't you see a problem, ceramicheart?

The person who is willing to assist you has to be good in both English and Mandarin. If he is only good at English but poor at Chinese, it is like I am talking to a French who only knows 200 English vocabularies.

Seriously, spend a fair bit of money and get into an English course. It is very cheap in Singapore.

But the advice I want to give is: forget Chinese and learn English. ( That is how I beat my classmates in German learning. ) You have to immerse yourself into the English environment, i.e. no Channel 8, no Channel U, no chinese reading before sleeping, no reading chinese website, speak minimum Chinese. One rule above all: think in English, your brain speaks English too. One thing to avoid: mix Chinese and English like locals do.

Afterall, talking to Indian men or women is one of the best ways, not as funny as the above posts. The reason is they will force you to speak English, and they train your listening abilities.

PS: you have started by reading English forums. I know some chinese friends who don't read English forums at all, and they told me they don't understand what we are talking about. I :) grin.

khozism
Regular
Regular

wanna learn english?

Postby khozism » Thu, 20 Jul 2006 3:26 pm

hi ceramicheart,

i see your problem .... why dont you read the TODAY paper ... dont know exactly but there is a column published everyday and shows ways to improve english .... this is the first place where you can start from.

Secondly, the singapore government promotes the locals as well as immigrants to speak better english. Maybe you'd want to enquire with the NLB (natinal Library Board) of singapore regarding their english speaking programmes. I had recently been to the Ang mo Kio community library and and witnessed their Better English speaking program. Also a few of my close associates have given me a good feedback about this program. This seems to be a better and reasonable alternative for you ....

if you need any other help related to english speaking then mail me at khozem@gmail.com ..... am not an expert in this language but have been speaking it since my nursery days. ....

gudluck !!!
Cheers !!!
khozism

cuttypie

Re: please give me suggestions

Postby cuttypie » Thu, 20 Jul 2006 4:08 pm

I can understand your problem, as I am also struggling to learn english as well. I though maybe if you could join toastmaster which is around singapore, that might help. Going to class doesn't really help cos you will find most of the people in your class speak as poor as us. You can check all toastmaster club in singapore at the net, and might also improve your confidence to speak in public. Just a suggestion

maybe my message got something wrong, but i think i should be informed the reasons therefore i wont make mistake again.

Thanks & Bestwishes[/quote]

ceramicheart

Postby ceramicheart » Thu, 20 Jul 2006 9:53 pm

thanks very much

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Re: please give me suggestions

Postby renter » Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:15 am

cuttypie wrote:I can understand your problem, as I am also struggling to learn english as well. I though maybe if you could join toastmaster which is around singapore, that might help. Going to class doesn't really help cos you will find most of the people in your class speak as poor as us. You can check all toastmaster club in singapore at the net, and might also improve your confidence to speak in public. Just a suggestion

Thanks & Bestwishes
[/quote]

isn't toastmasters clubs for public speaking? that is way above the language learning level.