Singapore Expats Forum

Goose and Gander, Rues and Gender

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 5:34 pm

Ling2 wrote:would be great to have someone that totally reads your mind, instead

ok, now i have to date god. :P

actually, don't you think it would be scary if that were really possible? i mean, would you want someone who knew every thought you had? if you could put on a pair of spectacles that allowed you to see exactly what everyone else is thinking, would you?

and back to the subject at hand, it's not a matter of honesty, but genuine misunderstanding. this is a daily phenomemon worldwide and no doubt in many relationships too.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 6:06 pm

Wasn't there a movie with Helen Hunt and ?mel gibson? where he could read women's minds (they worked in a Advertising Agency I believe. Was rerun recently on Channel 5.

Would be interesting for awhile I suppose, but the novelty and being constantly confused would drive me nuts (or more nuts as the case may be) in no time at all.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 6:24 pm

you're right SMS. it was called What Women Want. brilliant movie, but then in my opinion any movie with helen hunt in it is brilliant.