Singapore Expats Forum

Freedom of speech!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:44 pm

yes let's puleeze not get into a this site-vs-that site thing, they are really apples and oranges serving different purposes
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pal » Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:34 pm

We will delete any persistant advertising of another site. All ads shall be placed in the Classifieds Section.

So Grim, please go ahead and post in the Classifieds, we will gladly approve it but do not try this again in the forum.

This sentence is defamatory in nature:
"This singaporexpat.com site clearly gives unreliable, unsubstantial and outdated information and advice on all kinds of subjects:
"

We shall consider our actions against the above statement.
Last edited by Pal on Mon, 17 Jul 2006 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Dating | Forum | Property

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pal » Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:36 pm

Mods please do not edit or delete this topic.

Thanks.
Singapore Expats

snowball

Postby snowball » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:04 am

This message has been posted on behalf of Cheekybeek who is unable to access her account properly.

Pal wrote:This sentence is defamatory in nature:
"This singaporexpat.com site clearly gives unreliable, unsubstantial and outdated information and advice on all kinds of subjects:
"

I was going to stay out of all of this but that comment just got me going...

Pal I guess your considerations will not go too far, you yourself must realise that what is common knowledge cannot be considered defamatory. Is it common knowledge that this forum contains out of date and unreliable information? Yes I would say so... Grim also says so, ask any one else on the forum they would probably agree.

We can take things a little further though... not only would most people agree that a forum is not the place to go for substantiated and reliable information the site itself believes and advertises this fact!

Do I need to remind you Pal?

Well for your and the benefit of others I shall quote:

Disclaimer
While Singapore Expats makes every effort to ensure that all information displayed on this website is accurate and complete, we provide it for information purposes only and it is therefore indicative rather than definitive. We thus do not guarantee its accuracy, whether explicit or implicit, and, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, we do not accept responsibility for any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, or for any loss which might result directly or indirectly from reliance on the content it contains. We reserve the right to correct or update content at any time without prior notification.

So I guess the considerations end here.

Grim Reaper
Regular
Regular

Postby Grim Reaper » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:35 am

Plavt wrote:
Grim Reaper wrote:
The Singapore market has a SHORTAGE of good SAP consultants, one wonders why OP's hubby's career is not going anywhere...

There was no mention of 'hubbys career not going anywhere', one can assume the OP and her partner have their own reasons for wanting to leave Singapore.

Plavt.

Do some proper reading next time:

njk_mom wrote:We have been back to spore for 8yrs and now planning to return to Europe for 'greener pasture' since his career isnt going anywhere here.

Pal wrote:We will delete any persistant advertising of another site. All ads shall be placed in the Classifieds Section...

As usual, you take this waaaay too serious. It is just my personal opinion given, it has got nothing to do with advertising. Your beloved users started discussing the rebel site, I just added the url for those here interested to see what the fuzz is all about and to check the fact whether this site is really open for all kinds of discussion.

Clearly you as the owner are not open to it, since you are weighing your options to take actions.

If I would take you serious, i'd be dying from laughter. But then again, I do not at all take you serious.

For the rest, do whatever you and your mods and users here feel like, I really don't care.

Can't be bothered to further discuss your problems.
Time will come....

stefan

Postby stefan » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:47 am

Pal wrote:Mods please do not edit or delete this topic.

Thanks.

Why do you have to ask or say please?You're the one who pushes the buttons no?

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pal » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:31 pm

Trolls ...

This topic will be locked.
Singapore Expats

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pal » Mon, 17 Jul 2006 9:06 pm

Grim and snowball,

I had posted an ad for you people in the Classifieds.

Your ad about your wonderful forum can be found here:
http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/ ... duct/13733

In the future, if you were to post an invitation or advertisement in this forum, we shall delete it without any notice.
Singapore Expats