Singapore Expats Forum

America RNs working in Singapore?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

American RN.

America RNs working in Singapore?

Postby American RN. » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 1:55 am

I'm interested in learning more about work as a RN is Singapore as a RN. I have a lot of experience working in hospitals. Please email tigretarter@yahoo.com if you can give me some great insight.

Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:11 am

american RN,

I've seen British RN's and other like South Africans as well. Singapore has a shortage of RN's and imports quite a few from the Philippines as well. I would forsee very little problem in obtaining a postion here (is your RN from a 2 or 3 year school of nursing?)

The downside of this is the salary structure. Unfortunately the rates are not conducive to coming to Singapore for that primary purpose. That said, if you are a trailing spouse and don't want to spend you life beside the condo pool (you obviously have a humanitarian streak or you wouldn't be a nurse), nursing would be a viable option. The median salary for "Professional Nurse" is around S$2500-2600 /month. An Industrial Nurse (private sector) around S$3500 /month. ( S$ 1.63:$1.00 US ).

Hope this info helps.

sms