Singapore Expats Forum

Pre-Owned Stuffs to Donate

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

marj_kee
Chatter
Chatter

Pre-Owned Stuffs to Donate

Postby marj_kee » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:01 am

I have lots of clothes, shoes, toys etc that are still in pretty good condition and am thinking of donating them to people who really need them.

Anyone knows of any charity organizations, other than Salvation Army, who would want them? Or does anyone know if there are any collection centres organized to help victims of the Indonesia Earthquake?

Barczar
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Barczar » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 1:45 pm

Haven't figured out how to link yet, but there are several topics on this. Check out Frustrated with Salvation Army and What charities do you support and why...some good stuff on those threads.

Cheers

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic33569.html]

little helping hand. sms :wink:
If you want to play with the Big Dogs you can't pee like a Puppy!

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 3:05 pm

you could try the Red Cross, or Mercy Relief. both were involved in the rescue efforts if i remember correctly.

not sure if Singapore Press Holdings PR department could refer you to some other charities. they would probably know because at the height of the publicity they would have published such contact information.

marj_kee
Chatter
Chatter

Postby marj_kee » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 4:23 pm

Thank you for the info ! :)

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Splatted » Wed, 12 Jul 2006 6:48 pm

you can always try and sell them over ebay if they're in good nick. Probably not many buyers in singapore, but aussies love pre-loved stuff

oku
Regular
Regular

Postby oku » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 8:13 am

:) hi, you can try this place at chancery lane - discipleship training centre(dtc). i believe they do need some help. i've just donated some baby clothes and toys. if you need to find out more about dtc, it is "dtc-singapore.org".