Singapore Expats Forum

Off To Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

HEREINSIN

Off To Singapore

Postby HEREINSIN » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 3:18 pm

Looking for some expat advice for a move to Singapore. Would like to receive some advice on an expected living package, and any new/old areas to be concerned with (double tax issues, housing, auto, leave, healthcare, etc.). I am single so the move iteself will be relatively easy, only concerns are my financial responsibilities in the United States, while providing a comfortable life in SIN. Assuming my salary is matched, what other areas should I be thinking of and negotiating? Any comments welcome.
Thanks
Ray

Sharon Tay

Re: Off To Singapore

Postby Sharon Tay » Fri, 07 Jul 2006 6:53 pm

HEREINSIN wrote:Looking for some expat advice for a move to Singapore. Would like to receive some advice on an expected living package, and any new/old areas to be concerned with (double tax issues, housing, auto, leave, healthcare, etc.). I am single so the move iteself will be relatively easy, only concerns are my financial responsibilities in the United States, while providing a comfortable life in SIN. Assuming my salary is matched, what other areas should I be thinking of and negotiating? Any comments welcome.
Thanks
Ray

Housing??? Transport Allowance???? Locally employed? Are they contributing your CPF? Employer's contributes 13% of your monthly salary, you contribute 20%. You can check out www.mom.gov.sg for more details.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Off To Singapore

Postby Bremen » Fri, 07 Jul 2006 9:17 pm

HEREINSIN wrote:Looking for some expat advice for a move to Singapore. Would like to receive some advice on an expected living package, and any new/old areas to be concerned with (double tax issues, housing, auto, leave, healthcare, etc.). I am single so the move iteself will be relatively easy, only concerns are my financial responsibilities in the United States, while providing a comfortable life in SIN. Assuming my salary is matched, what other areas should I be thinking of and negotiating? Any comments welcome.
Thanks
Ray

This has been discussed about 100 times already. Ever tried reading the stickies?
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett