Singapore Expats Forum

New Girlie Member

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Graceaux

New Girlie Member

Postby Graceaux » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 1:28 pm

Hi all,

I'm a 28-yr-old gal from Bangkok. I have been staying SG for over 2 years and wanna widen my circle of friends here.

I would love to do sports e.g. badminton, gym, dance..., and have outing e.g. shopping, movies, music, karaoke,...stuff.

Hope to have a clique in SG.

Have a good day!

waterw_00

Re: New Girlie Member

Postby waterw_00 » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 2:55 pm

Graceaux wrote:Hi all,

I'm a 28-yr-old gal from Bangkok. I have been staying SG for over 2 years and wanna widen my circle of friends here.

I would love to do sports e.g. badminton, gym, dance..., and have outing e.g. shopping, movies, music, karaoke,...stuff.

Hope to have a clique in SG.

Have a good day!

I am working in singapore right now for quite a while. I do a lot of indoor and outdoor things. It will be great if we can be friend. Waterw_00@hotmail.com.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 2:57 pm

Welcome to SG! I suggest you try the Wednesday Night Drinking Club (WNDC) and the Friday night one (FNDC).

Other than that, keep a look out over here for bowling, tennis, etc.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

khozism
Regular
Regular

Re: New Girlie Member

Postby khozism » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 4:41 pm

Hi Graceaux,

I am a 29 yrs male and have been in Singapore for quite some time. Around 20-21 months.

It would be fun if we could form a group of friends and play badminton, watch a movie and other activities over a weekend.

I have PM'ed you my name and email address ..... lets keep in touch ...
Cheers !!!
khozism

Graceaux

Postby Graceaux » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 10:42 pm

Bremen, thanks for your welcome and suggestion :)

Seems u know a lot of hang-out places. Do you know where has a good live band?

andy.tcy

Postby andy.tcy » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 2:14 pm

Hi Graceaux, we share pretty much the same hobbies! Hope to hear from you soon.

EPL
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EPL » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 2:19 pm

good live band?
Try Wala Wala at Holland Village!

Graceaux wrote:Seems u know a lot of hang-out places. Do you know where has a good live band?
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~

Barczar
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Barczar » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 2:38 pm

Muddy Murphys shows some of the best live bands in Singapore! Good solid classic Rock N Roll/modern rock type stuff from various bands some local some mixed some guest bands from overseas. I have to say that though since my band is a semi-regular guest there!! ;)

Penny Black's on Thursdays/ Friday/Saturday has a couple of great live bands (all guest bands, no house band) and for a great little music experience try Harry's at Orchard Towers - Tani is the house band there and they are truly a Singaporean instiution!! Great band.

Enjoy - the music scene in Singapore can get a bit boring as it tends to be a little too mainstream (i.e. boy/girl band pop crap), but out of the way places (Like Wala Wala previously suggested, Muddys, Harrys, Marcos Anywheres, Penny Black, Fluid etc) there is some really good talent out there if you hit those bars on the right nights! Would recommend getting a copy of IS magazine to see who is playing where - they do a decent enough job (well the best in Singapore) of letting you know what's happening on the local music scene!

Cheers
If you want to play with the Big Dogs you can't pee like a Puppy!

Graceaux

Postby Graceaux » Fri, 21 Jul 2006 4:24 pm

Oh...all, thanks for your warm welcome and recommendation.

I have just moved to a new apt so got no time to come here. hmm...anybody has an interesting event, pls let me know. Andy, you said we shared same hobbies. We may organise something if you want.

Wish everyone will enjoy your coming weekend (while I still arrange things in my place)!

Cheers!!!

koi882

Wanna be friends with u

Postby koi882 » Sun, 14 Jan 2007 9:32 am

Hi
I saw yr ad and i would like to be friends with u.I am from Singapore.23 this yr.A guy.I would like to know more international friends.If u would like to be friends,pls write back to me at me_in_nagoya@yahoo.com.sg.Thanks.:)

Rgds
Justin

cookieguy
Chatter
Chatter

Hilo.....

Postby cookieguy » Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:31 pm

Hilo...great to have you here in Singapore :)

So how's life been for you in Singapore? How things going for you?

Hear from you ok?

Cheers!

Regards,
Ken Cookieguy
Eat a cookie, think of a cookie, earn more money!!! :)