Singapore Expats Forum

Does anyone knows any company who hire on dependent pass?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

bushbride
Regular
Regular

Postby bushbride » Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:57 pm

kiwi klassic wrote:Holly Cow, here I am ready to join my husband on a Dependant pass ofcourse, all packed up, my last day at work in Auckland today:( High hopes of landing a job on my arrival in Singapore and its all turned to muck now, reading this forum was noooooooooooooooooooot a good idea.

What have I landed myself into? All I can say to all fellow Dependant Pass holders is pray for me as well. I will give myself 2 months and take the next flight home, with or without husband, hehehehehhee.. :???:

Kiwi klassic,

It is a tough decision to leave your job for your partners career. I know, I was there had a great job, nice salary' and then Singapore comes up....

I hope that my experience getting a job eases your mind a little. BTW there are other working DP holders in Singapore who don't post in this forum...

It is a competitive job market here, but one that can be broken into.

PS. Have a good move and WELCOME to Singapore!

BB
- Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. Da Vinci -

kiwi klassic

Postby kiwi klassic » Fri, 21 Jul 2006 4:58 pm

Thank you Bushbride

Ya I will move in with a positive kiwi atttitude and hope I will be able to guide others with my experiences.

Is there a Kiwi club and what sort of members do they have. I am not the coffee club type so...

kiwikid75

Postby kiwikid75 » Fri, 21 Jul 2006 6:42 pm

Hi kiwi klassic

There is a club called ANZA, I'm only just about to join myself so can't advise too much on it, but I have heard they have quite a lot of activities and so forth. If you search it on Google it should bring up their website. Send me a private message with your email if you like, and we can keep in touch if you need some guidance getting familiar with things once you get here. I've only been here about 5 mths so know it can be a bit tricky to start with !!

Danielle :)

Audi4Ever

Postby Audi4Ever » Wed, 09 Aug 2006 5:56 pm

If you want to meet lotsa kiwi people, then go to NZ there are lotsa them. We are a multicultural society, some of which are Aussie too which you might not like being a 'Kiwi Yourself'. :twisted:

You should be socializing with the locals as well, along with other different groups of foreigners. :mad:

You'll go no where having that kind of 'positive kiwi attitude'. What about a 'positive American attitude', or a 'positive British attitude', or 'positive African American Attitude'? :cool:

You can't put up with the locals can ya, ya Fat Kiwi Loser!

Take your supremacist attitude else where, we don't want you here!

haha!

AudiRulez!

kiwi klassic wrote:Thank you Bushbride

Ya I will move in with a positive kiwi atttitude and hope I will be able to guide others with my experiences.

Is there a Kiwi club and what sort of members do they have. I am not the coffee club type so...

BeInspired

Postby BeInspired » Thu, 10 Aug 2006 4:06 pm

working with DP?

With a DP its a lot touger to get a job as it is quite a hassle for a company. I hv en ex-colleague from India who ended up doing a Masters in the local U to keep herself occupied.

Now she has a student pass but can't get work too. in fact the company employed almost 'illegally' before the paperwork is clear while the HR side see how they can around the problem...

[/u]volunterring

You can get around in Singapore with English.. there are many avenues for volunteering. There was a expat wife who started the 'bread' van or something where volunteers come together in the evening & collect the day's bread to deliver to the old & poor. Then you hv places like the Singpaore Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) if you like animals, The Lions Home for the Old, or the Rainbow Club for the terminally ill children. There are many possibilites; check out at the National Community of Social Services (NCSS) website.

What about picking up Chinese??

Earning Online

While researhing on how I can make money online, I found this: http://website.ws/celebratelife - check it out to see if it suits you to work from home. Low investment outlay in money & time & depending how far you want to go, can earn some shopping money!!!