Singapore Expats Forum

Any Shisha smokers here?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
ramondo79

Any Shisha smokers here?

Postby ramondo79 » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 12:04 am

Visited this Shisha bar next to Rendevous Hotel wif one of my Dutch vendors today and tried Shisha (water pipe) for the first time and found that it is actually a very good method for de-stressing. Felt so relaxed especially after a hard day's work.

Juz wonderin whether there r other Shisha smokers here and where r some of the other good Shisha bars around town? Perhaps we can form a Shisha group & organise some Shisha sessions. :lol:

marj_kee
Chatter
Chatter

Postby marj_kee » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 9:09 am

There's one at Beach Road/Arab Street area.

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Shisha?

Postby qatarbabe » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 12:13 pm

Just wondering if you guys knew the exact place (name) of where the shisha places are.

Its a wonderful alternative to smoking thou alot more detrimental to the lungs (i smoke it in the middle east) but who gives a damn.

At least the smoke won't irritate pple around ya coz it smells so damn nice!

Thanks!

hei guess what
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hei guess what » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 1:03 pm

No I don't but I know where you can do it.

The cafes are mentioned in the article on Arabian Nights . . . at the bottom of the page
http://app.amed.sg/internet/amed/sporesmMidFlavor.asp

luvtea

Options

Postby luvtea » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 2:07 pm

There's quite a few places doing so. Cafe Le caire at Arab Street is cheaper for their shisha. Quite a fair bit of variety. But it gets so busy at times that you've to keep bugging the waiter. I once tried the one at Clarke Quay but i think it closed down.

Kazbar, Ambrosia are some places you can find shisha but price wise, cafe le caire is better. But the atmosphere is more like a coffee shop, not bar kind of feel.
Namaste..

ramondo79

Postby ramondo79 » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:08 pm

Cool!!! Wat r some of ur favourite flavors for Shisha. Well, I only tried the Strawberry one, heard tat apple was good.

U guyz interested in doin a Shisha session together? I can organise one if the response is good.

Gucci
Regular
Regular

Postby Gucci » Mon, 10 Jul 2006 6:26 pm

shld organise an outing!!

jjmum

Shisha is available in all countries

Postby jjmum » Tue, 11 Jul 2006 2:29 am

Where there is Arab population, shisha is available. We brought one to Dallas for a friend when we visitted and forgot to bring the special coal. Googling away for local supplies, dragged us to a supplier that carries the lots including a 4-pipes shisha. The idea is cute and sociable, you only buy one to share with 3 others but not hygienic and you don't get the best of it.

I suggest you a trip to Dubai in winter. The most beautiful time and place to enjoy it.