Singapore Expats Forum

Indian chinese

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Indian chinese

Postby bunty » Tue, 04 Jul 2006 9:51 am

Does anyone know of any place which serves chinese food- made indian style ...those who have eaten chinese in india would know what i am talking about.. heard there are some places here.... pls let me know

what is indochine.......

cheers

hei guess what
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Indian chinese

Postby hei guess what » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:07 am

bunty wrote:place which serves chinese food- made indian style

Sorry, can't help you there but I do know someone who's Chinese and grew up in Assam. :P
He speaks English with an Indian accent. Not really sure but perhaps his mom would be able to cook as you describe ? ? ?

The Indochine restaurants serve mostly Indochinese food such as Cambodian, Laotian and Vietnamese, with some Thai and Burmese too. However, expect to pay pretty steep prices.

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:45 am

I had once been to this restaurant called Makan, it's near Far east square and their chinese was quite good - Indian style like u want and rather reasonable but I dont have their number or proper address, maybe someone else in the forum can help u.. I hear they have a stall at the suntec food court too..

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

Indo chinese

Postby kingajit » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 2:28 pm

There is a new restaurant on siglap road, adjacent to siglap centre.(it is close to CHUTNEY MARY)...its called Indian Wok & wine...They had plans to open it in June..the advertisement suggested they were serving indian chinese ...has any one tried it?

For veg Indian Chinese, I was surprised by Gangothree...decent chinese stuff! reasonably priced! we had gone there to eat Chaat! and were surprised by the variety of stuff they offered. Unfortunately,its a veg only restaurant!
Sounds like i am advertising for them

cheers!
Ajit

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Indo chinese

Postby bunty » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 4:28 pm

kingajit wrote:There is a new restaurant on siglap road, adjacent to siglap centre.(it is close to CHUTNEY MARY)...its called Indian Wok & wine...They had plans to open it in June..the advertisement suggested they were serving indian chinese ...has any one tried it?

For veg Indian Chinese, I was surprised by Gangothree...decent chinese stuff! reasonably priced! we had gone there to eat Chaat! and were surprised by the variety of stuff they offered. Unfortunately,its a veg only restaurant!

cheers!
Ajit

tried gangothree. it is indian chinese-yet but not authentic indian chinese... it is "chinese" as served in a non chinese joint... u have similar joints in india also.....

Yes, indian wok is what i had heard about (forgot the name).. if anyone knows about it pls let me know....

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bunty » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 4:29 pm

megha wrote:I had once been to this restaurant called Makan, it's near Far east square and their chinese was quite good - Indian style like u want and rather reasonable but I dont have their number or proper address, maybe someone else in the forum can help u.. I hear they have a stall at the suntec food court too..

where is far east square....

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Indo chinese

Postby bunty » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 4:30 pm

kingajit wrote:There is a new restaurant on siglap road, adjacent to siglap centre.(it is close to CHUTNEY MARY)...its called Indian Wok & wine...They had plans to open it in June..the advertisement suggested they were serving indian chinese ...has any one tried it?

cheers!
Ajit

had gone to chutney mary sometime back.. it is a good place....

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

fareast square

Postby kingajit » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 4:46 pm

far east square, closest MRT is raffles, somewhere behind PWC building, adjacent citibank. Makan serves awesome food!
cheers
Ajit

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Re: fareast square

Postby bunty » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 5:30 pm

kingajit wrote:far east square, closest MRT is raffles, somewhere behind PWC building, adjacent citibank. Makan serves awesome food!
cheers
Ajit

is this near capital square citibank.... makan is singaporean for "food", am i right.. is this restaurant called makan or is it some food court name...

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

makan

Postby kingajit » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 8:45 pm

earlier there was a restaurant called SPIZE CLUB, now it is taken over by MUMBAI MAKAN or MAKAN....cannot recollect the correct name

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Fri, 07 Jul 2006 2:10 pm

bunty, yes this is close to capital square and I think too it is Mumbai Makan - it is a restaurant not a food court.

cancer_8

Re: Indian chinese

Postby cancer_8 » Fri, 07 Jul 2006 5:14 pm

bunty wrote:Does anyone know of any place which serves chinese food- made indian style ...those who have eaten chinese in india would know what i am talking about.. heard there are some places here.... pls let me know

what is indochine.......

cheers

You might wanna try Mustard in Race course road.... started by my ex-food biz partner, the concept is exactly what you are looking at..Indian chinese food.. chily fish.. munchurian..and yeah very original kebab roll..

The food is good!! trust me. :-)

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bunty » Mon, 10 Jul 2006 9:58 am

megha wrote:bunty, yes this is close to capital square and I think too it is Mumbai Makan - it is a restaurant not a food court.

Thanks Ajit and megha. went to Makaan Mumbai.It was good, however chinese was a bit salty, but the taste was definitely indian.

I suggest we use this forum to provide tips on new indian joints or good indian joints and as indian expats do keep coming to singapore.

anyone eaten at indian wok in siglap.

cheers