Singapore Expats Forum

Depressed Skin!!!

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

User avatar
Mandy78
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 03 Jul 2006
Location: singapore
Contact:

Depressed Skin!!!

Postby Mandy78 » Mon, 03 Jul 2006 7:17 pm

Hi there..

I've been suffering from uneven and deep scars ever since 16!Now I'm already 28 and even thogh acnes have stopped but my skin still holds alots of deep scars.I've tried AHA peels for almost 2years but after that I had "erruption" again and it ends up with more scarrings!I've tried the intense pulse light laser as well but my skin is still troubled with the problem..

Can anyone out there who can help me by giving some advice???I even thought of removing my whole skin with lasers(if there is)cos I wouldn't mind about any price but just to return to a perfect complexion me!!I'm actually very very sad on this fact cos I'm someone who actually look very pretty indeed(please believe me..I really swear!!) with a figure and height whom everyone was admiring of even among my galfriends..the only thing whoch is my complexion!!!

Anyone???Please help me.... :(
Cheers
Mandy :p

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Postby iamdanny » Tue, 04 Jul 2006 12:04 pm

hey mandy cheer up.. dun be too sad... there's sure a method to make ur skin nice de


u can try chem peel at raffles hospital which can remove mild pitted holes or flatten red marks cos currently i'm doing chem peels there... u can try dr yeak.. she is very nice doc there


if u haf pimple outbreak maybe use differin / retin a to control if really can't then take medicine like nimegen ba...

if ur scars is serious, try minor laser or subcision method or aquamid filler wich can heal deep scars but they dun come cheap


hths :)

Timmy
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue, 20 Jun 2006
Location: SG

Postby Timmy » Tue, 04 Jul 2006 2:13 pm

mandy sorry to hear ur problem but sad to say there's no way to complete cure. There's only ways to improved it it wont erase the hole u have got. so maybe u can try those treatment that danny says. but i t wont complette cure to let u have nice flawless skin. i guess u just do mask to prevent getting worse...

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Postby iamdanny » Tue, 04 Jul 2006 2:45 pm

mandy erm can i ask this.. if u compare ur cond with stefanie sun or mark lee urs better than theirs?? hope u wun feel offended by my qns jus wondering how's ur skin cond ba...

nid any help or recommendation of docs feel free to ask me as i consult many docs n knw who are gd

User avatar
Mandy78
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 03 Jul 2006
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby Mandy78 » Tue, 04 Jul 2006 8:47 pm

iamdanny wrote:hey mandy cheer up.. dun be too sad... there's sure a method to make ur skin nice de


u can try chem peel at raffles hospital which can remove mild pitted holes or flatten red marks cos currently i'm doing chem peels there... u can try dr yeak.. she is very nice doc there


if u haf pimple outbreak maybe use differin / retin a to control if really can't then take medicine like nimegen ba...

if ur scars is serious, try minor laser or subcision method or aquamid filler wich can heal deep scars but they dun come cheap


hths :)


Thank you so much for your advice..now I do not have outbreaks anymore ..I've tried the filler things but it didn't feel completely..anyway,that last for about two years.

I still think peeling has the best effect cos it actually "wear out"the skin.can I know wat peel you're doing right now?Is it called AHA?cos I'm thinking of doing peel again but do not know if right now has better products than that..
Cheers

Mandy :p

User avatar
Mandy78
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 03 Jul 2006
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby Mandy78 » Tue, 04 Jul 2006 8:54 pm

iamdanny wrote:mandy erm can i ask this.. if u compare ur cond with stefanie sun or mark lee urs better than theirs?? hope u wun feel offended by my qns jus wondering how's ur skin cond ba...

nid any help or recommendation of docs feel free to ask me as i consult many docs n knw who are gd


I'm much better than Mark Lee though..it's more on both cheeks.it is now all smooth and even but just that i have a few deeper scars.looks more like bigger pores..it's just that I'm looking for ways to completely dimished the small little holes..as wat i've told danny i'm now looking for better chemical peel to have faster results..really thanks for your concern.maybe you can recommend a good doc to me??Dr. Yeak really good??how much she charged for the peel you do?and how many times you do in a month?Thanks...
Cheers

Mandy :p

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Postby iamdanny » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 1:49 pm

Mandy78 wrote:
iamdanny wrote:hey mandy cheer up.. dun be too sad... there's sure a method to make ur skin nice de


u can try chem peel at raffles hospital which can remove mild pitted holes or flatten red marks cos currently i'm doing chem peels there... u can try dr yeak.. she is very nice doc there


if u haf pimple outbreak maybe use differin / retin a to control if really can't then take medicine like nimegen ba...

if ur scars is serious, try minor laser or subcision method or aquamid filler wich can heal deep scars but they dun come cheap


hths :)


Thank you so much for your advice..now I do not have outbreaks anymore ..I've tried the filler things but it didn't feel completely..anyway,that last for about two years.

I still think peeling has the best effect cos it actually "wear out"the skin.can I know wat peel you're doing right now?Is it called AHA?cos I'm thinking of doing peel again but do not know if right now has better products than that..



i doing aha peel using TDF aha acids.... dr yeak from raffles hos do peel for me n she is a highly raved doc in flowerpod.. there is even a thread dedicated to her... n she saved many jia lat skin to ontain flawless skin n there's b4 n aft pics done by dr yeak chem peel in flowerpod


i tink its better for u to do peel cos no downtime n can improve ur skin too

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Postby iamdanny » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 1:52 pm

Mandy78 wrote:
iamdanny wrote:mandy erm can i ask this.. if u compare ur cond with stefanie sun or mark lee urs better than theirs?? hope u wun feel offended by my qns jus wondering how's ur skin cond ba...

nid any help or recommendation of docs feel free to ask me as i consult many docs n knw who are gd


I'm much better than Mark Lee though..it's more on both cheeks.it is now all smooth and even but just that i have a few deeper scars.looks more like bigger pores..it's just that I'm looking for ways to completely dimished the small little holes..as wat i've told danny i'm now looking for better chemical peel to have faster results..really thanks for your concern.maybe you can recommend a good doc to me??Dr. Yeak really good??how much she charged for the peel you do?and how many times you do in a month?Thanks...



u can call this no to book appt with dr yeak at raffles aesthetic center 63112340

u cna only do peel once every 4 wks... the conc wil be 20% 35% 50% 75% depending on the tolerance of ur skin... if ur skin nt sensitive she can gv u 50% straight away... it cost $80plus ba.. nt sure... cos mine is student rate wich is $75...

then u wil nid to buy a skin rcovery cream upon ur first peel too... wich cost $30plus... so i gues ur first visit wil be $120plus??

u shd gv a try lor....

User avatar
Mandy78
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 03 Jul 2006
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby Mandy78 » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 5:13 pm

iamdanny wrote:
Mandy78 wrote:
iamdanny wrote:mandy erm can i ask this.. if u compare ur cond with stefanie sun or mark lee urs better than theirs?? hope u wun feel offended by my qns jus wondering how's ur skin cond ba...

nid any help or recommendation of docs feel free to ask me as i consult many docs n knw who are gd


I'm much better than Mark Lee though..it's more on both cheeks.it is now all smooth and even but just that i have a few deeper scars.looks more like bigger pores..it's just that I'm looking for ways to completely dimished the small little holes..as wat i've told danny i'm now looking for better chemical peel to have faster results..really thanks for your concern.maybe you can recommend a good doc to me??Dr. Yeak really good??how much she charged for the peel you do?and how many times you do in a month?Thanks...



u can call this no to book appt with dr yeak at raffles aesthetic center 63112340

u cna only do peel once every 4 wks... the conc wil be 20% 35% 50% 75% depending on the tolerance of ur skin... if ur skin nt sensitive she can gv u 50% straight away... it cost $80plus ba.. nt sure... cos mine is student rate wich is $75...

then u wil nid to buy a skin rcovery cream upon ur first peel too... wich cost $30plus... so i gues ur first visit wil be $120plus??

u shd gv a try lor....


Thank you so much Danny...really appreciate your help.Think i'll called and book an appointment with Dr.Yeak.
Thank you once again...
Cheers

Mandy :p

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2006

Postby iamdanny » Fri, 07 Jul 2006 1:49 pm

sure no prob.... dr yeak is a very nice doc n gd counsellor she always listen to my stuffs n gv me advices.... hmmm ur appt is when?? mine is next mon evening n tt wil be my 3rd chem peel...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests