Singapore Expats Forum

Question About Sex

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 8:38 pm

riversandlakes wrote::x This is SOO cheap an attempt to get people to read your thread, SE :P:D

Man, oh, man... ask an HONEST question... and get pounded by those who would suggest I was anything besides totally transparent!! :cool:

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 8:41 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:SE, take a number. :P

I reached down to the number machine... punched the button marked 'WIMH' and came up with 0001. When are you going to flip the 'currently being served' sign to 0001?

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:50 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:I reached down to the number machine... punched the button marked 'WIMH' and came up with 0001. When are you going to flip the 'currently being served' sign to 0001?

ah, you forget i am chinese. we read from right to left.

perhaps you could read the encyclopaedia while waiting.

:cool:

jpatokal

Re: Question About Sex

Postby jpatokal » Tue, 04 Jul 2006 12:45 am

Strong Eagle wrote:And, is this also true in other languages? Is there a common present tense word for having sex (see - don't have a word to use there, except maybe "f**king") in Bahasa... or Tamil... or Mandarin?

No, it's not true in all languages. Finnish, for one, has a verb (rakastella) which is common, polite and unambiguously means "to have sex" (although the connotation is even softer and fuzzier, akin to "make love").

It's an interesting point though, as nearly every other language I can think of has plenty of rude verbs for having sex, but few polite forms, unless you use dry medical/legal jargon like "fornicate". This is probably due to the euphemism treadmill: perfectly innocuous verbs like the French baiser, "to kiss", or the Finnish naida, "to marry", have become borderline obscene over time as they were first used to hint at sometime more, and then came to mean it.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Tue, 04 Jul 2006 10:14 am

Cheleka...

Sex transcend the present, past and future. In many religons sex was envisaged as an act climaxing (literally) in orgasm that lead to a state of near enlightenment above and beyond any constraint of time. As sex transcend time there is no need to qualify it.
Be Like Water

one843
Regular
Regular

Postby one843 » Tue, 04 Jul 2006 10:22 am

WHAT?????????

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 2:53 pm

one843 wrote:WHAT?????????

What, What? (BTW why are u shouting???)
Be Like Water