Singapore Expats Forum

need legal assistance

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

xavierxray

need legal assistance

Postby xavierxray » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:51 pm

hi,

can anyone refer me an american attorney based in singapore that handles matrimonial cases which fall under US jurisdiction? thanks.

email : quanta13@hotmail.com

kaurikid
Regular
Regular

Postby kaurikid » Tue, 04 Jul 2006 2:52 pm

Call SACAC they will be able go give you the relevant contacts

xavierxray

thanks

Postby xavierxray » Tue, 04 Jul 2006 11:47 pm

thanks...i've checked them out...apparently they do not offer legal services...they offer more of counselling stuff...but thanks for the suggestion!

Flutterby

search engine

Postby Flutterby » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 6:35 pm

please look for singapore law society. they will have full list of lawyers and their specialities, then all u have to do is make some phones call. Be prepared to pay hefty sums.

faixal84

thanks

Postby faixal84 » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 12:26 am

i've managed to get in touch with some attorney but even their first time consultation charges are pretty steep...my friend is not in a pretty good financial position right now...the only hope is to get a lawyer who is willing to help us voluntarily and if he manages to win the case for us and the court rules a certain amount of compensation to her,which is estimated to be at least US$100 K , she will reward a generous percentage of the compensation money to the lawyer ...

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 06 Jul 2006 7:03 am

Isn't this the twelve year old case? No lawyer will do it "voluntarily". They might do it on a contigency fee basis which would range from 33 to 50 percent or more depending upon the amount to be recovered and the probability of recovering it.

Why don't you get a US lawyer in the city where you want to sue?