Singapore Expats Forum

Flying with Emirates

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
kitten

Flying with Emirates

Postby kitten » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 3:32 pm

Hi there, :D

Can anyone be kind to share with me your flying experiences with Emirates.. ? Would you encourage girls to go for a flying career.. ? and also how is the Emirates interview like, the kinda questions asked, the stages that needs to go thru.. ?

Many thanks in advance! :wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 4:00 pm

Kitten,
These are the kind of questions you need to establish answers for yourself.
Try simply writing down on a notepad the words 'Flight Attendant' and then words associated wtih what a flight attendant is concerned with (e.g. passengers, culture, language, emegencies etc.). That way you can build up a 'framework' to work from.

Remember Emirates location in The Middle East and read up on the culture of the region, especially in regard to women and the law, perhaps a section in the 'Lonely Planet' travel guide would be a start.

In addition Emirates recieves around 30,0000 applications but has about 6000 cabin crew which should give you an idea of the competition you face. Expect the requirement for spoken English to be stringent, take your time and plan your application, shame with so many here that do not.

Hope this helps.

Plavt.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Flying with Emirates

Postby Matt10 » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 8:23 pm

kitten wrote:Hi there, :D

Can anyone be kind to share with me your flying experiences with Emirates.. ? Would you encourage girls to go for a flying career.. ? and also how is the Emirates interview like, the kinda questions asked, the stages that needs to go thru.. ?

Many thanks in advance! :wink:

I heard the questions are like GP questions.
And from what i know, Emirate's pay is more than SIA.
They fly to more places often.
The interview stages are about the same as SIA.
And in every Emirates recruitment in SG, not much people are selected to be a cabin crew for Emirates.
But their training is alot shorter than SIA.

Goodbye.