Singapore Expats Forum

Is it easy to get Singapore PR?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ProvenPracticalFlexible » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 11:01 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:As far as you losing, with your agro tendencies, you are going to lose no matter where you go or what you do. You need to lighten up and realize that getting a degree at NUS is a feather in anybody's cap and the foreigners who make it into NUS are the cream of the crop from the countries they came from. Those that finish are worth even more. It's no wonder that the government offers them PR. Sure a lot take it and run or use it as a stepping stone to the US or UK but why not? If you had the ability you would do the same. It's called supply and demand economics.

Sounds a lot smarter then the euroversion, where they let foreigners to come to study, but do not give them work permits after that. So after they got a degree (in some countries for free), they have to go back home or US, who appreciates them more.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 11:36 pm

Isn't that the purpose of the PR? That's why they made EP (and the likes) dependent on employment with the same firm?

sundaymorningstaple wrote:They are just using is as a tool to keep from having to leave the country in two weeks after losing their jobs.
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

Savage
Regular
Regular

Postby Savage » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 3:35 am

hiccup wrote:Freaking easy like hell to get P.R.

Singapore give P.R. like water! Look at NUS or NTU or the 5 polytechnics in Singapore! Whole hell are flooded with Mainlander Chinese and Indians! They studied and then apply.

After they get Singapore P.R. then they run! Just like you. Indian Citizen got HK P.R. then run to Singapore. Now the same situation applies to Singapore. Once they got P.R. then run.

The ex-Singapore Maritime Academy's director is an Indian. Wah....the academy flooded with Indians! Worst, ex-Singapore Maritime Academy's director got his U.S. P.R and run!

Sick man! SIA rather train Indians and Malaysians then own local breed Singaporeans to be SIA stewardess/steward and pilots! Sillypore!

I did my undergrad in NTU and was invited to apply for PR as soon as I started working on an EP here. I've been working here 6 years now with a PR and I haven't run...yet :lol:

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:34 am

hiccup wrote:
Sick man! SIA rather train Indians and Malaysians then own local breed Singaporeans to be SIA stewardess/steward and pilots! Sillypore!

That's because there are almost no pretty SG girls left in Singapore. And the few that are left can't string an english sentence together.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 7:25 pm

Where have they all gone to? :cry:

Bremen wrote:
hiccup wrote:

That's because there are almost no pretty SG girls left in Singapore. And the few that are left can't string an english sentence together.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 7:28 pm

You guys are amazing. Six years...I would be a thirty-something by then...

Savage wrote:
I did my undergrad in NTU and was invited to apply for PR as soon as I started working on an EP here. I've been working here 6 years now with a PR and I haven't run...yet :lol:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:12 pm

riversandlakes wrote:Isn't that the purpose of the PR? That's why they made EP (and the likes) dependent on employment with the same firm?

sundaymorningstaple wrote:They are just using is as a tool to keep from having to leave the country in two weeks after losing their jobs.

R&L,

I hope you were just being facetious.

It was not the intended purpose of the Gov't when granting PR. They grant PR with the hopes that you will grow to adopt the country and want to eventually sink your roots here. This is the same in all countries. Why should they give PR just for that purpose? They could just give 6 or 12 month ltsvp's couldn't they? Then they wouldn't have to let them partake in some of the subsidies that are available to citizens & PR's.