Singapore Expats Forum

Is it easy to get Singapore PR?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

faithNimpossible

Is it easy to get Singapore PR?

Postby faithNimpossible » Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:00 pm

Hi all,

From your observation, any idea if it is easy to get Singapore PR at this point in time?

I'm currently an S-pass holder working in Singapore for almost 1 yr & 8 months. I've been in Advertising & Marketing all this while.

Now I can qualify for an Employment Pass but I'm planning to attempt for a PR instead to try out my luck. I'm actually born & brought up in HK so I have a HK ID card, but I'm an Indian Citizen.

In your opinion, do you think they are more lineant when it comes to giving away PRs?

Pls advise.

brianw50

pr

Postby brianw50 » Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:22 pm

No, it is not easy to get a pr here. I made my first application after being here 1 1/2 years with an EP. It was turned down. I know another expat that took 4 tries before he got it. They have a system of giving points for several categories on the application such as educational level, experience, kinship ties in singapore, years here, etc.

Go ahead and try, you can always try again later, but don't get your hopes up the first time.
expatbrian

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 3:04 am

I got it on my first try - after working here for 7 months. There's nothing to it - just keep in mind the six months waiting period if rejected.
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

michaeldistel

Postby michaeldistel » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:57 am

hey riversandlakes,

What is the waiting period if it is rejected?

Michael

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 2:22 am

Six months. Somewhere there on the website I thinka

hiccup
Regular
Regular
Location: Singapore; Walking distance from Kembangan MRT station

Postby hiccup » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:16 pm

Freaking easy like hell to get P.R.

Singapore give P.R. like water! Look at NUS or NTU or the 5 polytechnics in Singapore! Whole hell are flooded with Mainlander Chinese and Indians! They studied and then apply.

After they get Singapore P.R. then they run! Just like you. Indian Citizen got HK P.R. then run to Singapore. Now the same situation applies to Singapore. Once they got P.R. then run.

The ex-Singapore Maritime Academy's director is an Indian. Wah....the academy flooded with Indians! Worst, ex-Singapore Maritime Academy's director got his U.S. P.R and run!

Sick man! SIA rather train Indians and Malaysians then own local breed Singaporeans to be SIA stewardess/steward and pilots! Sillypore!
Professionalism means consistency of quality. Frank Tyger

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:29 pm

hiccup wrote:Freaking easy like hell to get P.R.

Singapore give P.R. like water!

I don't think so somehow..

Sick man! SIA rather train Indians and Malaysians then own local breed Singaporeans to be SIA stewardess/steward and pilots! Sillypore!

That because there is not enough of their own 'local breed' to fill the vacancies. Put your brain in gear will you hiccup, no government in the world let's people become citiziens without some form of citeria.

Plavt.

faithNimpossible

Postby faithNimpossible » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 1:49 am

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll give it a shot anyway. I guess the worst that could happen is I get rejected & try again, rite?

I agree with you Plavt....think Hiccup has "issues". Hiccup, you better sort it out...you seem very anti foreign talent. And I didnt get HK P.R then ran to Singapore. I am born in HK so I'm automatically entitled to it.

And hey, sometimes healthy competition is good... so think positive...you :)

Cheers!

FLOCFW

Postby FLOCFW » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 6:45 am

riversandlakes wrote:Six months. Somewhere there on the website I thinka

singaporean here..
:P

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 10:58 am

*Buzz* *Wrong answer*

Thanks for the compliment. I have blended in :o:P:D

And I thought that's Jar Jar Binks' talk, not Singlish...

FLOCFW wrote:
riversandlakes wrote:Six months. Somewhere there on the website I thinka

singaporean here..
:P
Last edited by riversandlakes on Sun, 25 Jun 2006 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 10:58 am

Having looked at your 10 posts, where you post them and your general level of posting it's easy to see why they might give PR to anybody who is not afraid of hard work or thinking for themselves.

hiccup
Regular
Regular

Postby hiccup » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 4:19 pm

Plavt wrote:That because there is not enough of their own 'local breed' to fill the vacancies. Put your brain in gear will you hiccup, no government in the world let's people become citiziens without some form of citeria.Plavt.

Based on your two points, that means you do not know the market well enough and you have not known what's the current situation and you do not have enough human-resource contacts and real-ilfe experiences.

1. What not enough to fill vacancies? Do you know where are those RSAF pilots who have finished the Airforce contract?

2. I knew 8 people from Mainlander China and 1 from India. These 8 people are from Polytechnics and NAFA. They studied for 3 years and "voila!" they got their PR immediately in less than 2 weeks! One Indian lecturer from MDIS got it after working for a year.

Now, you know why I said Sillypore government give P.R. like water? Once they got P.R. and run. If I have the ability to report ICA for those holding Sillypore P.R. and about to run away from here, I will. Chinese mainlanders are the worst. If ICA opens a P.R. Violation Report Division, I will not hesitate to report (giving my solid evidences/proofs) and let ICA deals with those P.R. who do not value permanent residency.

Of course, government gives P.R. to people with selected criteras. I did my solid researches before throwing my valuable opinion. I won't make any silly comment without brain lah.
Last edited by hiccup on Sun, 25 Jun 2006 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hiccup
Regular
Regular

Postby hiccup » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 4:24 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Having looked at your 10 posts, where you post them and your general level of posting it's easy to see why they might give PR to anybody who is not afraid of hard work or thinking for themselves.

Hooray...You win the arguement but I lose. :cool:

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 4:37 pm

hiccup wrote:1. What not enough to fill vacancies? Do you know where are those RSAF pilots who have finished the Airforce contract?

RSAF pilots are do not necessarily wish to cotinue their careers as pilots or stay in Singapore.

2. I knew 8 people from Mainlander China and 1 from India. These 8 people are from Polytechnics and NAFA. They studied for 3 years and "voila!" they got their PR immediately in less than 2 weeks! One Indian lecturer from MDIS got it after working for a year.

Nobody is interested in what you know your views are purely subjective.

Now, you know why I said Sillypore government give P.R. like water?

All applications are subject to criteria whatever it may be whether you like it or not!

Once they got P.R. and run. If I have the ability to report ICA for those holding Sillypore P.R. and about to run away from here, I will. Chinese mainlanders are the worst. If ICA opens a P.R. Violation Report Division, I will not hesitate to report (giving my solid evidences/proofs) and let ICA deals with those P.R. who do not value Perment Residency.

What evidence do you have? How does a PR not value PR?

Of course, government give P.R. to people with selected criteras. I did my solid researches before throwing my valuable opinion. I won't make any silly comment without brain lah.[/color]

You have done nothing other than make silly comments since you have not provided any proof along with vacuous inane statements, I suspect some racism on your part. Now who's the one without brain?

Plavt.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 4:56 pm

I will have to disagree with you just a wee bit Plavt. The majority of Euro PR's don't value the PR. They are just using is as a tool to keep from having to leave the country in two weeks after losing their jobs. Have to agree with hiccup there. I hate the abusers of the system as well. It makes it hard for those of us like me who are here for tha long haul. 24 years plus and counting .......

Oh yes, hiccup, my earlier post was NOT directed at you personally. but toward the inane FLOCFW who doesn't have the ability to string "Two" words coherently let alone a sentence.

As far as you losing, with your agro tendencies, you are going to lose no matter where you go or what you do. You need to lighten up and realize that getting a degree at NUS is a feather in anybody's cap and the foreigners who make it into NUS are the cream of the crop from the countries they came from. Those that finish are worth even more. It's no wonder that the government offers them PR. Sure a lot take it and run or use it as a stepping stone to the US or UK but why not? If you had the ability you would do the same. It's called supply and demand economics.