Singapore Expats Forum

Not allowed to look for a flat in this forum?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

brifusg
Regular
Regular

Not allowed to look for a flat in this forum?

Postby brifusg » Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:37 pm

Dear admins,

Just want to verify that if members now aren't allowed to post any thing related to looking for a flat in this forum? I can recall that such posts were allowed in this forum in the past. The reason I asked this is because my post was deleted yesterday without any notice so I wonder if it's due to technical problem or a new rule here.

Thanks.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:08 am

brifusg

Please see your PM.

Plavt.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:11 am

Hi brifusg,

I don't know whether or not an Admin deleted your post. But based on the surface of what you wrote, I don't think there is a problem with looking for a flat in the forum. There is a Forum specially for that purpose "Staying, Living in Singapore".

If you are an agent responding to someone looking for a falt, on the other hand, then I would understand the Admins deleting same as this site is their real estate site and the forum is in support of that business. If you were a car dealer would you let other car dealers post advertisement on your lot?

Again, I have no idea what you posted yesterday so I am only guessing here. Maybe Pal or Joop will respond with their reasons.

sms

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:17 am

brifusg,

this is totally unrelated to your post but i can't get my mind to pronounce your nick mentally. does it mean anything?

brifusg
Regular
Regular

Postby brifusg » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:27 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hi brifusg,

I don't know whether or not an Admin deleted your post. But based on the surface of what you wrote, I don't think there is a problem with looking for a flat in the forum. There is a Forum specially for that purpose "Staying, Living in Singapore".

I did that.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
If you are an agent responding to someone looking for a falt, on the other hand, then I would understand the Admins deleting same as this site is their real estate site and the forum is in support of that business. If you were a car dealer would you let other car dealers post advertisement on your lot?

sms

Definitely it isn't the case.
Last edited by brifusg on Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:27 am

Sms,
I have told him the same thing, I never saw that post and have no idea who deleted it.

Plavt.

brifusg
Regular
Regular

Postby brifusg » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:30 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:brifusg,

this is totally unrelated to your post but i can't get my mind to pronounce your nick mentally. does it mean anything?

hmm, I believe mine isn't the only one which seems not to be meaningful to many other people. To answer your question, Yes, it has.

one843
Regular
Regular

Postby one843 » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 10:36 am

Last week i also posted regarding a trip to Batam with my wife. We have never been there and we wanted some pointers. Since this forum is "general" discussion and gets alot of traffic I thought it would be better than Entertainment forum. All the sudden my post also dissapeared.
I understand that the moderator have hte job of makeing sure the post are not offensive and not over crowding the forum with nonsense. But some posts should be posted in a forum of "chit chat rubbish"
I also do not understand how this forum is so strickly watch while on the used furniture area on this site and general items are filled with people using the platform to sell there new items.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:31 pm

i'm getting a sense of deja vu. :cry:

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not allowed to look for a flat in this forum?

Postby Pal » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 1:08 pm

brifusg wrote:Dear admins,

Just want to verify that if members now aren't allowed to post any thing related to looking for a flat in this forum? I can recall that such posts were allowed in this forum in the past. The reason I asked this is because my post was deleted yesterday without any notice so I wonder if it's due to technical problem or a new rule here.

Thanks.

If I am not wrong, are you the one who is looking for room rental?

Can you use the Classifieds Section? Goto here:
http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/ ... hp/cat/120

Te description says it all:
Accommodation
Share Flat, Room For Rent , Room Wanted, Short Term Wanted
Last edited by Pal on Sat, 17 Jun 2006 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pal » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 1:14 pm

one843 wrote:Last week i also posted regarding a trip to Batam with my wife. We have never been there and we wanted some pointers. Since this forum is "general" discussion and gets alot of traffic I thought it would be better than Entertainment forum. All the sudden my post also dissapeared.
I understand that the moderator have hte job of makeing sure the post are not offensive and not over crowding the forum with nonsense. But some posts should be posted in a forum of "chit chat rubbish"
I also do not understand how this forum is so strickly watch while on the used furniture area on this site and general items are filled with people using the platform to sell there new items.

We did not see your post before.

FYI, you will delete only ads posted here. Used furniture must e posted in the Classifieds.
Singapore Expats

brifusg
Regular
Regular

Re: Not allowed to look for a flat in this forum?

Postby brifusg » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 2:38 pm

Pal wrote:
If I am not wrong, are you the one who is looking for room rental?

Can you use the Classifieds Section? Goto here:
http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/ ... hp/cat/120

Te description says it all:
Accommodation
Share Flat, Room For Rent , Room Wanted, Short Term Wanted

Thanks. I didn't notice this classified also available here. However, I still don't have the answer why my post was disappeared.

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pal » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 3:55 pm

I think one of the admin deleted it.

As stated in the Terms and Conditions, all ads will be deleted. Ads should be posted in the FREE Classifieds.
Singapore Expats