Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone know how to get website design projects from UK?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

mobilelaptopnet

Anyone know how to get website design projects from UK?

Postby mobilelaptopnet » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 2:32 pm

I am based in Singapore.

Anyone know how to get website design projects from UK or US?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 6:19 pm

Do you have your own company? Registered? Do you have your own website? If you have your own company website I would think you would be best off advertising there. Of course you may need to spend some money re: google ads or some other internet based advertised banner medium. You can also submit to some of the search engines.

mobilelaptopnet

Postby mobilelaptopnet » Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:51 am

thank for the reply, but do those google adverts really work?

schizoide

Postby schizoide » Fri, 16 Jun 2006 3:04 pm

do you have a representative in us or uk? if not, are you sure you want to do this? designers get cheated here in singapore often enough already.. what if your clients decide not to pay?

not to put you off, but just wondering, because i've been thinking about this earn euro spend sing dollar thing for quite a while as well.. but kind of risky if you ask me..

Strong Eagle

Re: Anyone know how to get website design projects from UK?

Postby Strong Eagle » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 8:11 am

mobilelaptopnet wrote:I am based in Singapore.

The first question you need to answer is why would someone select you over a web designer in the UK or the US. Since I've worked in the US and have contracted for web projects, the only reason I would select an offshore designer would be cost.

I'd start a web search of ISP's and design houses in the US and UK... those companies that offer hosting and design services. Offer yourself as an offshore developer and explain the benefits (lower costs) and the process (maybe you get prototype html pages to flesh out).

mobilelaptopnet

Re: Anyone know how to get website design projects from UK?

Postby mobilelaptopnet » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 9:56 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
mobilelaptopnet wrote:I am based in Singapore.

The first question you need to answer is why would someone select you over a web designer in the UK or the US. Since I've worked in the US and have contracted for web projects, the only reason I would select an offshore designer would be cost.

I'd start a web search of ISP's and design houses in the US and UK... those companies that offer hosting and design services. Offer yourself as an offshore developer and explain the benefits (lower costs) and the process (maybe you get prototype html pages to flesh out).

Cool. thanks for the advice