Singapore Expats Forum

Sponsored Visa, Application???

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

nms1
Regular
Regular

Sponsored Visa, Application???

Postby nms1 » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 4:25 am

Hello.

My girlfriend need to stay longer then a month as a tourist in SG. She will need a sponsor, is this right?

Where can I find a application to apply for this "sponsored visa" and where can I find some regulations for this?

Our accomandation, money and return-flight is covered....

Thanks a lot,

George

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 7:08 am

sleepy_eyezzz

Re: Sponsored Visa, Application???

Postby sleepy_eyezzz » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:37 am

nms1 wrote:Hello.

My girlfriend need to stay longer then a month as a tourist in SG. She will need a sponsor, is this right?

Where can I find a application to apply for this "sponsored visa" and where can I find some regulations for this?

Our accomandation, money and return-flight is covered....

Thanks a lot,

George

Correct me if i am wrong, but i was told that, a simplier way, is simply make a trip to malaysia. Before the one month is up, jus make a short trip (can even be a day trip), to johor, or kl, and when you come back to sg, you are considered a new tourist again.

nms1
Regular
Regular

Postby nms1 » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 2:15 pm

And how often can I go to Malaysia and back to get a new tourist visa?

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 3:28 pm

nms1 wrote:And how often can I go to Malaysia and back to get a new tourist visa?

If you go to Malaysia and come back by land you may only be permitted 14 Days to remain in Singapore. That was how it was in 2004 although on one occasion I was granted 30 days.

Plavt.

schizoide

Postby schizoide » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 4:23 pm

it also depends on what passport she's holding. if you're from a 'risky' country, expect problems..

nms1
Regular
Regular

Postby nms1 » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 5:13 pm

Is Germany a risky country???

I think she will do it with the sponsored visa, this should be the easiest way for us.

Is it easy to find somebody who will sponsor she or do the people don´t want to do it???

tham

Postby tham » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 5:56 pm

where is you girlfriend from?
my girlfriend got 30 days visa when she came but only granted a maximum 14 days stay at the custom, then we went to ICA to appeal and finally got to extent to 30 days.

nms1
Regular
Regular

Postby nms1 » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 9:12 pm

She is from Germany.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 16 Jun 2006 8:01 am

It is entirely up to the immigration officer at the border to determine how long you can stay. Some countries like Australia and the US are automatically given 90 days. Before I got my EP, I'd drop over to Indonesia (Batam) or Malaysia (JB) for the day for a round of golf and each time I got back I got 90 days. The Brit travelling with me got 14 days. You will generally get more days (30) if you come in via air, say from KL. But, if the immigration officer sees that you have simply been dropping in and out for time, he can grant you 3 days to get back out.

schizoide

Postby schizoide » Fri, 16 Jun 2006 3:00 pm

OP, germany is not a risky country.. but strong eagle is right, it's up to the immigration officer. i had the same thinge before, i traveled in and out of singapore quite frequently and the amount of days went from 30, to 14 to 7.. and i'm also a eu passport holder.

do you have any friends or relatives in singapore? i think it will be difficult to find somebody to sponsor your girlfriends' visa because if i'm not mistaken this person will be held accountable if she gets in trouble.

nms1
Regular
Regular

Postby nms1 » Fri, 16 Jun 2006 3:45 pm

We have some friends in SG, but they are all german. The only singaporean people that we know is her and my boss. Thats all...

tham

Postby tham » Fri, 16 Jun 2006 5:32 pm

is china consider risky country???

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 4:24 am

I think it is?
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

nms1
Regular
Regular

Postby nms1 » Sun, 18 Jun 2006 2:33 am

I checked the link, but which type of application will my girlfriend need?

She will stay in SG a week as a tourist, than work as a trainee for one month at the german school and the she is will stay for 3,5 month as a tourist and visit with me the beautiful asia.

Which type of application does she need???

Thanks...

And there is something wrote about a deposit, how much is it?