Singapore Expats

moving to singapore in 1 month

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration

Post by new member » Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:00 pm

hi,we are looking for a condo in in the area 9 and 10 .our budget is 3000 we would like a balkony and pool .we are a familie of 5 so we need 3 bedrooms.we have also been thinking about the east coast. i dont know maybe transportation can be a problem.what do i need to look out for when i choose a condo. do the condos have storage rooms in the basment for bikes and snowboards.
our children [ all girl ] are 12 and the twins are 4 .we where thinking of sending her to OFS and next year the twins will go there too.do they have playgroupe i can go to with the twins .
thank you i am really greatfull for all your help

happy_magpies

Moving to singapore in 1 month

Post by happy_magpies » Wed, 14 Jun 2006 5:31 pm

You should arrange for a real estate broker to take you around to see some condos. Give them your price range, but you should negotiate. Most condos have the facilities you are after, although not always with balconies. Most condos have a storage unit for you to store your things, not sure whether it is big enough for a bicycle.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 6:50 pm

I think with your budget and requirements you will need to move further out from the CBD. We live at Kew Green(East Coast) where rents range from $2,000 upwards. We have a gym, 3 pools, playground, most places have 4 bedrooms, roof top jacuzzi and it's on a bus line and not too far from MRT. Each units is like a townhouse with a little back garden. We don't have tennis courts or a lock up in the garage, but have never had a problem with anything going missing--yet--in 18 months. Very family oriented.

You need to consider transport to and from work and school. How old are the children? Where will they attend school? Your work is located where? Kitchens: Do you require an oven? Hot water? Sounds silly, but not all units have ovens or a hot water service. Will you feel the need for a car? As stated we are on the bus line, but most families feel the need for a car if the children are younger. Mine are teens and love the freedom of being able to go out without Mom tagging along. They are safe here to travel alone.

Hope I have been able to help a bit. Good luck. Any more questions, don't be afraid to ask.

happy_magpies

Post by happy_magpies » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 8:04 pm

Hi Matney, maybe East Coast is a bit far for them, don't you think? Since they are sending their kids to OFS. Perhaps they may consider Cavendish Park @ Holland Road. Price can range from 2200 to 3200 for a 3+1 bedroom. This condominium is about 3 minutes drive to Holland Village and a 7 minutes drive to Orchard Road. Unit size is 3 bedrooms: 136 - 165 sq m. Some owners are even renting from 2200-2600.

It is near MRT, well served by amenities such as banks, supermarkets, schools etc. Full condo facilities includes pools, courts, sauna, playground, BBQ, putting green, gym, function room, underground carpark etc. No balcony or stoarge room I am afraid. but there is 1 utility/maid room, if you want to use that.

I am staying not too far from Holland. I can recommend my property agent if you want. Hope the information is useful for you.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Thu, 15 Jun 2006 9:17 pm

Sorry for my error. I must not have read the post completely. OFS can be done as that's where I work and my teens attend. We have another family who does the same. But won't tell you that it is easy either. Holland Village area is probably a better idea. Are those rooms a decent size? Our lease is up in January and I would love to move a bit closer. Make the husband travel for a change a longer distance.

kimm
Regular
Regular

Post by kimm » Tue, 04 Jul 2006 6:31 am

you get a message and thank