Singapore Expats Forum

Surreal incident

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Surreal incident

Postby EADG » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 5:30 am

was in a taxi, about 8pm, we had just turned up Ft. Canning Road, you know, where it goes uphill after turning left off Stamford Road across from SMU

partway up the hill a woman walks out of a building on the right, across the street to the white building on the left

Ft. Canning Road is a busy, four-lane road, and I've never seen it empty

this woman walked right to left, he head always facing to her right, meaning not facing the traffic coming from the direction we were coming from

no, nothing happened

but I don't know why

she just walked across the street

the car in front of us stopped suddenly, if not it would have hit her

she never looked left or stopped or hesitated or picked her way through the traffic, just kept walking as if ther were no cars there

both the taxi driver and I were speechless

doesn't sound like much but you hadta be there

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:02 am

It happens pretty often, driving in Johor :?

I would think, that lady might be mentally disturbed then? I am sure any reasonable person would value their life, than time...

I can't say the same for the motorists here, they are like dare devil.

Yesterday I saw a whole family, 2 kids in between the dad & mum, with another baby in the front of the dad on a motorbike, without HELMETs!

What's their value in life? :-|

Flutterby

Life

Postby Flutterby » Wed, 14 Jun 2006 2:25 pm

Intuition tells me she was suicidal. Next time anyone sees something like this please call the police and tell them to look out for this person so they can give them some help.