Singapore Expats Forum

secret letters

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

secret letters

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 07 Jun 2006 11:30 pm

a private correspondence with one of the members here gave me an idea for a game we could play to inject some positivity around here, perhaps build up this online community, and just have fun! it's kind of a rough idea at this stage so feel free to make suggestions on how to improve it.

how it works:

1) each member sends a PM to every other member on this thread to say one thing you like about that person (or his / her online persona or posts), what impresses you most about him/her, and what you feel he/she could improve on.

2) those who want to can share on the open forum what they found out about themselves or any other interesting things that transpired. contents of individual PMs like who said what should of course be kept confidential.

3) members who wish to play the game must post on this thread to indicate they're in. those who do not post here should not be flooded with PMs, unless of course you know them well enough to know they wouldn't mind your unsolicited opinion of them!

anybody wants to play?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Jun 2006 11:44 pm

Guess that leaves the Mods out of it. We all already know what everybody thinks of Moderators! :o :oops!: :mrgreen:

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 8:34 am

I'm in.
One man's meat is another's poison.

Lost

Secret letters

Postby Lost » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 8:52 am

I am new here but willing to participate.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 5:00 pm

ok i have sent all of you PMs.

please don't take the suggestions to improve part too seriously. it's just to prevent this from becoming a mutual admiration club and all our heads swelling too much! also, hopefully we can learn a useful thing or two.

newbies very welcome to join. glad you're so game, Lost!

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 9:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Guess that leaves the Mods out of it. We all already know what everybody thinks of Moderators! :o :oops!: :mrgreen:

can't you guys read our Inboxes anyway? or just Admins?
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Postby Guest » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:03 pm

EADG wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Guess that leaves the Mods out of it. We all already know what everybody thinks of Moderators! :o :oops!: :mrgreen:

Sorry to disappoint you, but no we can't. So another one has been infected with the dreaded virus izzit? :wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:
EADG wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you, but no we can't. So another one has been infected with the dreaded virus izzit? :wink:

Crap! This allowing 'guests' to post in the thread sucks big time. That was me above. Now we have to keep remembering to log in. Before it would bounce the post, now it just posts. I think we need to go back to registered posters only. I've never been ashamed to post using my own nick.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:37 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
EADG wrote:

Crap! This allowing 'guests' to post in the thread sucks big time. That was me above. Now we have to keep remembering to log in. Before it would bounce the post, now it just posts. I think we need to go back to registered posters only. I've never been ashamed to post using my own nick.
Hee hee! Glad it's not only me!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 12:05 am

Yeah, I forgot, in my aggravation that I can actually delete my 'guest' post (still can but I'll leave it up as a protest to bring back only registered posters. I do prefer the registered nick only for another reason as well. Sometimes things are best clarified offline for lack of a better word, so as not to antagonize other members of the thread. We cannot send 'guests' PM's.

At the end of the day, it makes our jobs as mods even harder to do as we often would rather the poster edited his post rather than us deleting it. As a guest, they cannot edit.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 8:26 am

Anonymous wrote:
EADG wrote:

nah, nothing like that
though having said that, I should hope we don't need to be so closely guarded in what we say
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 9:25 am

EADG wrote:nah, nothing like that
though having said that, I should hope we don't need to be so closely guarded in what we say

No worries mate, my reply was in jest. You apparently overlooked my winking smilie. I'm pretty thick skinned, that's why I don't always rise to all the bait thrown out there when the chumming was thick & heavy. :mrgreen:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 4:30 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'm pretty thick skinned, that's why I don't always rise to all the bait thrown out there

you mean you sometimes do? :P

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 6:20 pm

I like to think I'm human sometimes. :wink:

Now I'm going to go catch a bus home. Later.....

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:56 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I like to think I'm human sometimes. :wink:

if you're human sometimes, then at other times you must be...

divine? :mrgreen: