Singapore Expats

Cheap alcohol?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Linus

Cheap alcohol?

Post by Linus » Thu, 05 Aug 2004 9:17 pm

Where is the absolut cheapest place in Singapore to get alcohol? I am a student so I need cheep supply of our main source of nutrition. :D
25 year old male exchange student at NUS from Sweden.

sai

Post by sai » Thu, 05 Aug 2004 9:41 pm

totally. breakfast of champs!!!! where can one find it?

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:35 pm

The cheapest place is to go to a super market and drink at home or where ever u want...

Another alternative is kinda cool in that you have food on hand - Thats the Hawker Centres.

If you want cheap grog don't go to nightclubs or bars - Sounds weird don't it but its singapore :wink:

Also I ahve found that a ferry to Batam, Bintan or a car ride to JB will also cut the cot of drinking - In fact the money saved on booze for a big session would pay for the ferry ticket and hotel.

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Mon, 09 Aug 2004 5:00 pm

Do note that you're not allowed to bring back any tax-free goods (including alcohol) from Malaysia without declaring it and paying duty... Indonesia is OK, but does the US$10 visa fee apply to Swedes also?

Linus

Post by Linus » Tue, 10 Aug 2004 1:09 am

No it doesn't unfortunately :(

We have to apply for a visa beforehand and I think it's because of the armed rebellions in the Aceh province. The leaders of those rebellions are apparently living in Sweden and our government doesn't want to extradite them to Indonesia.

ChaCha

Post by ChaCha » Fri, 13 Aug 2004 1:28 pm

1 night a month (Wed or Thu) Insomnia does a SGD20 drink as much as you can for 2 hours. I can't recall any more details though.
Anyone else to assist in further information

Linus

Post by Linus » Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:11 pm

Tiki bar on Boat Quay has three hours free flow on housepour liquor for 25$ and after arriving 30 people one day we got a 5$ dollar discount on that. We still get the discount and we've probably filled up the place 10 more times after that first time :)

I guess you cannot ask for a better price than that but I was more thinking of the cheapest supermarket to buy beer/vodka in.

Liquor

Anyone need Liquors for Wedding or Party?

Post by Liquor » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:46 pm

Linus wrote:Tiki bar on Boat Quay has three hours free flow on housepour liquor for 25$ and after arriving 30 people one day we got a 5$ dollar discount on that. We still get the discount and we've probably filled up the place 10 more times after that first time :)

I guess you cannot ask for a better price than that but I was more thinking of the cheapest supermarket to buy beer/vodka in.
Hi,
SELLING BRAND NEW MARTELL, JACK DANIELS, X.O ,ABSOLUTE VODKA ,TEQUILA ,JONNIE WALKER ,CHIVAS REGAL, WINE........ECT
sorri i can’t confirm the price because the prices will going up and down But don’t worry I will give u a REASONABLE price and will cheaper than outside!!! AND ABOVE JUST $150 WILL FREE DELIVERY!!! IS GOOD For Wedding, BRithDay Party or for Display!!
Interested just reply from here or feel free e-mail ur Order at [email protected] ONLY FOR LEGAL DRINKING AGE thank for your understanding!!

Thanks for yr viewing. Cheer

JohnnyChong

Re: Cheap alcohol?

Post by JohnnyChong » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 1:54 am

feel free to call me or sms at 94706342 let you know for sure..
cheer,
[email protected]
Linus wrote:Where is the absolut cheapest place in Singapore to get alcohol? I am a student so I need cheep supply of our main source of nutrition. :D

piak

Post by piak » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 5:41 pm

tiki baR not bad~ went there once~ ladies free flow for 3 hours onli 10 bucks~ sweee!!!
R&B music~~~~ but i still prefer lighthse~ techno easier to dance eh!!!

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fohls » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 2:58 pm

O Bar in Mohammed Sultan is dirt cheap, $3 for a house pour & mixer.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 3:01 pm

hey Fohls, haven't seen you on the forum lately. But of course you show up at the alcoholic thread... :mrgreen:

Beachfootball and -volleyball for mr. Fohls coming Sunday? :P

Eric

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fohls » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 3:14 pm

Hey Eric,

Been ultra busy in work recently, will be for some time by the looks. I'll try to make it on Sunday. Not sure how drunk I'll be on Saturday night yet.

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Loops » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:58 pm

cold storage are (or were) doing some cheapo lager - orangiboom (or however you spell it) and some stuff called golden lion. the golden lion is OK so long as it is really, really cold!

they also do vodka for about $33 per bottle (cheapo stuff) and gin too.

If you want wine, cold storage or carrefour do some end of line and special offer stuff - sometimes around $13-$14 which is about the cheapest I've ever found for vino.

Est_

Post by Est_ » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 4:25 pm

Hmm cheap alcohol?

Get it from DFS provided you've got a friend who's travelling in SG :)

Drinks there are so cheap!
~The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched... but are felt in the heart.~