Singapore Expats Forum

Expatriating out of Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Gunncyclopedia

Expatriating out of Singapore

Postby Gunncyclopedia » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 3:33 pm

I am looking for any company registered in Singapore who has opportunities overseas. I know it's kinda contrary to what you guys are doing :wink:, nevertheless I would like to ask if you have any information on that.
I have just graduated from NTU and due to my scholarship bond, I could only work for a "Singapore-registered" company in the space of next couple of years. Overseas posting is allowed.
Having been staying in Singapore for more than 5 years, I am seeking an opportunity to be deployed in a third country for a couple of years to experience something new.
I am majoring in computer engineering but willing (and prefering) to take commercial or cultural posts apart from pure sales. I am fluent in English, French and Mandarin and have some knowledge in Spanish language. In addition I have some working experiences (holiday and temp jobs) in commerce and dealing with French and Spanish clients.
Thanks in advance :)

Re: Expatriating out of Singapore

Postby Guest » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 3:58 pm

Try ST Microelectronics, if you haven't looked up yet. A French company, with offices in Singapore and all around. I would think that with you language skills (French is not so common among engineering students) you should have a fair chance.

Gunncyclopedia

Postby Gunncyclopedia » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 4:06 pm

Hey thanks for your reply.
Yes I know STM very well since several friends of mine are working or about to work for this company. I think it's a good company, nevertheless it's doing Microelectronics, I don't think I could get an appropriate portfolio there. :cry:

I am still searching, with good hope and maybe a little bit frustration ^_^ :D