Singapore Expats Forum

Question and Answer to know for Silkair??

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Question and Answer to know for Silkair??

Postby Guest » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 1:53 pm

Hi,

May i know although that it stated and say that previous applicants need not apply? If like say, that was apply long time ago already also cannot apply. Though i know that Silkair is a bit strict. They will refer to their records if they see your faces quite familiar, they will not let you apply.

I heard from my friend say that they want is fresh faces. Is that true and right? Can anyone here pls clear my doubt? Thank you very much!

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 8:02 pm

Have you tried contacting Silk Air personally and asking what their policy is? Know that sounds silly, but my husband plans on reapplying with SIA again after 6 months. He was told by the chief pilot that it was alright to do so. Good luck. :wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 8:16 pm

Hazarding a guess I would think SilkAir would not want applicants who have applied within the last six months, although as Matney says it would be best to contact them and ask.

This is common among many companies and please note it is doubtful if they or anybody else would keep records of previous applicants for any great length of time since that would serve no purpose.

Plavt.

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Paige » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 12:00 am

Matney wrote:Have you tried contacting Silk Air personally and asking what their policy is? Know that sounds silly, but my husband plans on reapplying with SIA again after 6 months. He was told by the chief pilot that it was alright to do so. Good luck. :wink:

Hi Matney,

It also depends on which position your hubby had applied and also at which stage was your hubby was out...

Cheers!
Paige :wink: