Singapore Expats Forum

Hotel rental

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Gamey

Hotel rental

Postby Gamey » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 11:50 am

I am curious whats the minimum age requirement to rent a hotel room in singapore. Because it seems there are more and more Kids around 16-17 roaming around in geylang area.

abbby
Regular
Regular

Re: Hotel rental

Postby abbby » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 12:03 pm

Gamey wrote:I am curious whats the minimum age requirement to rent a hotel room in singapore. Because it seems there are more and more Kids around 16-17 roaming around in geylang area.

Your 2 questions look quite unrelated...minimum age of renting a hotel and then kids in Geylang? So what's the link?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Miss Swan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Miss Swan » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 1:42 pm

I think Gamey is trying to say that the kids around Geylang seem to be involved in certain activites, i.e. sex and they seem to be using the hotels in Geylang to do their little deeds.

And he's curious to know how these kids can get through the hotel without being checked.

To answer his question, hotel owners in Geylang don't care about age limits. They just want to earn your money. And they aren't afraid of being caught because the romping couples will be out within 2 hours ;)

abbby
Regular
Regular

Hotels

Postby abbby » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 2:06 pm

Miss Swan wrote:I think Gamey is trying to say that the kids around Geylang seem to be involved in certain activites, i.e. sex and they seem to be using the hotels in Geylang to do their little deeds.

And he's curious to know how these kids can get through the hotel without being checked.

To answer his question, hotel owners in Geylang don't care about age limits. They just want to earn your money. And they aren't afraid of being caught because the romping couples will be out within 2 hours ;)

Yes, precisely I don't they ever bother who checks in so long as they can afford it. :cry:
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 5:43 pm

And just what is wrong with 16-17 year olds bonking? The age of consent in this country is 16, you know.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 5:53 pm

Hate to say it JP but I'm damn glad you don't know MY kids. It may be legal but do you honestly think that they are mature enough to handle the responsibilities that come with it? Just because the body is of age don't mean the mind is emotionally ready. [-(

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 11:45 am

SMS, guys will never be mature enough :P So...guess, who shouldn't be having sex? :lol: :P

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 12:31 pm

Be thankful that we don't always listen to sage advice. :wink: :cool:

:P

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 12:45 pm

When do anyone of us, truly listen to anyone? :P All wanted to be heard, but none willing to listen :wink:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 12:52 pm

Ling2 wrote:All wanted to be heard, but none willing to listen :wink:

so true, Ling.