Singapore Expats

pubs IN SINGAPORE

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
fastcash

pubs IN SINGAPORE

Post by fastcash » Thu, 01 Jun 2006 9:42 am

IF FOUND WITH LADIES WITHOUT A WORKPERMIT WORKING AS FREELANCE IN MY PUB ON VISITOR PAST OR STUDENT PASS , MAY I KNOW IF I FALL UNDER SECTION 3 OR 2

Prohibition of foreigner without work permit entering or remaining at work place
6A. —(1) No occupier of a work place who has control of access to the work place shall permit any foreigner without a valid work permit to enter or remain at the work place.
[37/95]

(2) Where a foreigner without a valid work permit is found at any work place, it shall be presumed, until the contrary is proved, that the occupier of the work place —

(a) had control of access to the work place;

(b) had permitted the foreigner to enter or remain at the work place; and

(c) had knowledge that the foreigner did not possess a valid work permit.
[37/95]

(3) The presumptions provided for in subsection (2) shall not be rebutted by proof that a defendant did not know that the person was a foreigner unless the defendant further proves that he had exercised due diligence —

(a) to prevent the foreigner from entering or remaining at the work place;

(b) to ascertain that the person was a citizen or permanent resident of Singapore by checking his passport, document of identity or other travel documents; or

(c) to ascertain that the foreigner had at the material time in his possession a valid work permit by checking his original work permit.
[37/95]

(4) For the purposes of subsection (3) (a), a defendant shall not be deemed to have exercised due diligence unless he had taken all reasonable measures to prevent any foreigner without a valid work permit from entering or remaining at the work place, including all the measures prescribed under subsection (5) in respect of the work place.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Jun 2006 1:53 pm

No offense meant but if you have to ask that question I would seriously question your ability to run a pub.

Did you hire this person to work in your pub? Do you pay her to make herself available in your pub? If the answer to these questions are no, if she isn't working for and being paid by you, it is not "her" workplace therefore none of them apply.

That said, If you know she is there as a "working" girl without proper papers than I could see you being charged as a pimp or aiding and abetting. But that is a different thing altogether. That could be moral charges as opposed to licensing or immigration problems.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers