Singapore Expats Forum

Server Crash

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
seasider
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 403
Joined: Mon, 25 Oct 2004
Location: No longer in Geylang
Contact:

Postby seasider » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 12:32 pm

One would hope PMs on any forum are private but please bear in mind that whatever you type does go onto somebody else's server. Without getting too technical, the same is true of emails. Nothing is 100% private. Always use caution for personal information.

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1203
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Pal » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 1:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:Pal, how can one "abuse the PM system"? And even more important, how would you know what people PM to eachother.

PM stands for Personal Message. What members on this forum write in PM's to eachother is clearly not meant for you to read.

It just shows your total disrespect for the privacy of members, as well as your state of mind, which to me looks paranoid.


Nope, this software do not have the ability to read others' PM.

Abuse of PM because certain member informed me that he/she was invited to another website. It is logical to assume that invitation was sent to many others as well.

We do not allow any advertisement or spam in the forum. Please do in the Classifieds Section.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property
Image

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1203
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Pal » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 1:14 pm

Scorpion wrote:
Anonymous wrote:......
PM stands for Personal Message. What members on this forum write in PM's to eachother is clearly not meant for you to read.

It just shows your total disrespect for the privacy of members...

Reckon this isn’t happening at all :? , I do write personal stuff in the pm’s :oops:


Scorpion, do not worry.

That Guest is just trying to stir trouble in here. I presume he/she is one of those who left :-|
Singapore Expats



Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Image

Guest

Postby Guest » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 1:47 pm

Pal wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Pal, how can one "abuse the PM system"? And even more important, how would you know what people PM to eachother.

PM stands for Personal Message. What members on this forum write in PM's to eachother is clearly not meant for you to read.

It just shows your total disrespect for the privacy of members, as well as your state of mind, which to me looks paranoid.


Nope, this software do not have the ability to read others' PM.

Abuse of PM because certain member informed me that he/she was invited to another website. It is logical to assume that invitation was sent to many others as well.

We do not allow any advertisement or spam in the forum. Please do in the Classifieds Section.


Pal, you can go in anyone's account here, read and edit content of either posts and / or PM's.

The software does allow the site admin to do so.

Your 'logical assumption' shows following:

You DO read other's PM and then disable their possibility to send PM's (how else would you know who else besides the one betrayed is PM-ing?) or you are just guessing, since you say you didnot read PM's, which confirms your paranoia and wild guessing.

Pal wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Anonymous wrote:......
PM stands for Personal Message. What members on this forum write in PM's to eachother is clearly not meant for you to read.

It just shows your total disrespect for the privacy of members...

Reckon this isn’t happening at all :? , I do write personal stuff in the pm’s :oops:


Scorpion, do not worry.

That Guest is just trying to stir trouble in here. I presume he/she is one of those who left :-|


So what if I am one of those?

I am not stirring things up, I am just telling you what happens. You seem to have a problem with that and either ban and delete (the control freak pal) or you change words of others and try making them look bad.

As so many have said, it is your site, so go ahead with whatever you want now.

It is just about time people here realise what is happening behind the closed doors, how people are being fooled here all the time.

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1203
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Pal » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 3:12 pm

"Pal, you can go in anyone's account here, read and edit content of either posts and / or PM's. "

Stop your baseless accusations. I repeat again, I can't read their PM, period.

One of the member's PM was disabled because I received a complaint. Thereafter, another member is spending so much time in the forum and under my Admin Status it writes "VIEWING PRIVATE MESSAGE" (Yes, that is all I see). It is difficult for me not to assume this member is sending mass PMs too. Why should a member who left spend so much time in the forum using PM? Prove me wrong please.

If you are talking about changing/censoring words/URL, it is done by the software itself and NOT checking everyone's post then edit it.

I think I am wasting my time talking to you. If you do not appreciate our management and maintenance of this FREE forum, please leave. It will be much more peaceful without you and your troll gang.

I repeat again, please leave if you are unhappy. Move on, thanks.
Singapore Expats



Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Image

Guest

Postby Guest » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 4:08 pm

You have read and edited PM's pal, you know that.

As an admin you can enter anyone's account and make changes.

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1203
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Pal » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 4:44 pm

Anonymous wrote:You have read and edited PM's pal, you know that.

As an admin you can enter anyone's account and make changes.


I repeat again. I did NOT read or edit PM. I am using the software - word censor to replace words - if a string of words are found in any message, replace the whole text message with a "."

For those people who knows PHP, a simple pre_replace can do the trick. Like the below code:

$pattern[0] = '/.*URL.*/i';
$replacement[0] = '.';
$message = preg_replace($pattern, $replacement, $message);

Even if it is possible, you think I have the time to check and edit your PMs? Please don't be stupid, I wouldn't waste so much of my time for you people. You are not worthy.

Stop it trolls. LEAVE.
Singapore Expats



Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Image

bunty
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 632
Joined: Mon, 20 Mar 2006
Location: SG

Postby bunty » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 9:30 am

Dear Pal,

Has the software crash issue been resolved. were u able to recover posts and messages. hope it does not happen again.

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1203
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Pal » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:10 am

bunty wrote:Dear Pal,

Has the software crash issue been resolved. were u able to recover posts and messages. hope it does not happen again.


The posts cant be recovered, sorry...

This shouldnt had happened, we will try our best to avoid such a crash again.
Singapore Expats



Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Image

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1203
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Pal » Wed, 07 Jun 2006 3:32 am

This thread will be closed.

Please start a new thread for reporting complaints or forum problems.

Thanks.
Singapore Expats



Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Image


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Announcement, Help & FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests