Singapore Expats Forum

is university of newcastle bachelor regconised.

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

cingz

is university of newcastle bachelor regconised.

Postby cingz » Mon, 29 May 2006 3:40 pm

any of u know if this uni is reputable? can i easily get a job with this cert (all else fixed. i.e my results are good)? :???:
Everyone plans for tomorrow, but tomorrow is promised to no one!!

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Mon, 29 May 2006 4:09 pm

Depends which Newcastle you are talking about. In the UK there is the University of Newcastle upon Tyne, there is also Newcastle under Lyme (not sure if they have a uni though). Newcastle upon Tyne also has the University of Northumbria (the old poly)

But there is probably a Newcastle in America/Australia/N.Z. as well - they might have universities as well. so which one do you mean?
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

cingz

Postby cingz » Mon, 29 May 2006 4:14 pm

oo ya i'm referring to the one in Australia.. thank u..

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Mon, 29 May 2006 4:20 pm

Sorry I can't help you, I went to the old red brick University of Newcastle upon Tyne in UK

I guess you could try googling for a league table of universities, but my experience has been that unless your degree is from a very top uni or a very low uni most employers don't care. It is more about the subject you do

Best of luck :)
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."

Hemingway

bushbride
Regular
Regular

Postby bushbride » Mon, 29 May 2006 8:05 pm

Newcastle Uni is a ligitimate university. Yes you get undergraduate bachelors degrees, as well as post graduate degrees.

Some universities have good reputations in particular fields. E.g Sydeny Uni - medicine, QLD Uni, Psychology, ANU political sciences, Monash Uni manufacturing engineering. Check out their websites and international rankings on google for more info.

BTW getting a job depends on the industry you plan to go into and the supply and demand for your qualifications, as well as experience. Degrees give you a start but don't always make you employable. That's up to you.
- Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. Da Vinci -

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Mon, 29 May 2006 11:48 pm

University of Newcastle is reputable Uni in Aus - No problem there (go to Wollogong but as its more fun)
Be Like Water

cingz

thanks guys

Postby cingz » Tue, 30 May 2006 1:41 am

thanks guys.... i felt better now... cos i have applied for the course at psb yet having doubts... at least now i'm convinced that the uni is reputable... and now it all depends on my grades.. once again thanks...

Iet Khan

Postby Iet Khan » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 4:06 pm

Is University of South Australia reputable in Australia. 'Cos I would like to study for a part-time degree offered by the UniSA in Spore.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Sun, 18 Jun 2006 6:19 pm

Iet Khan wrote:Is University of South Australia reputable in Australia. 'Cos I would like to study for a part-time degree offered by the UniSA in Spore.

Yes - The Univeristy of SA is a good uni.
Be Like Water

Iet Khan

Postby Iet Khan » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 3:53 pm

Are you from Australia, or are you a graduate from UniSA?

hiccup
Regular
Regular
Location: Singapore; Walking distance from Kembangan MRT station

Postby hiccup » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:23 pm

U of Newcastle is a good university! U of SA also good. Most important, the lecturers from that Uni MUST come and teach then counted valuable.

If like MDIS appointed half-past six part-time lecturers from elsewhere. Then becareful. MDIS like to ask government minsters to take pictures with students on graduation ceremony. Like A.Prof Ho Peng Kee, Zainol, Abdullah Tarmugi and etc.

These minsters got nothing to do with MDIS. They invite to chit chat only as though appeared in the magazines like got affliation with MDIS!
Professionalism means consistency of quality. Frank Tyger

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 5:13 pm

Iet Khan wrote:Are you from Australia, or are you a graduate from UniSA?

I am from Australia and am a graduate of the university of Wollongong thoughh I know lots of Sinbgaporean/Malayasians/Aussies who have studied there adn they seem to have turned out OK :wink:
Be Like Water

kaurikid
Regular
Regular

Postby kaurikid » Tue, 04 Jul 2006 2:45 pm

Should be fine

Australian Universities are well regarded