WNDC May 31st, Next Page

Weekly meetup of WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
Deadpoet
Chatter
Chatter

WNDC May 31st, Next Page

Postby Deadpoet » Mon, 29 May 2006 9:19 am

Hi Guys,

This week's WNDC will be at Next Page on Mod. Sultan Road.

See you all there 8pm.
Deadpoet
Carpe Diem

mystic_amigo

Re: WNDC May 31st, Next Page

Postby mystic_amigo » Mon, 29 May 2006 12:26 pm

Hi Deadpoet,
Have always been appreciative of your promptness and effort in posting & organising the WNDC. However am hoping you can add more variety to the choice of venues. My pity brain can rationalise choices coming from ease of travelling (for everyone!), prices of drinks, great place, new bar in town etc, but I fail to understand your obsession with places like Sound bar, Next page, Harry’s. They have been venues more than a few times this year. These are good place, but there are many equally exciting looking places around these. As an expat, I am keen to experiment new places, this in no way negates the essence of meeting the gang & having a good Wednesday night. Understand that many in the forum share the opinion.

I have verbally conveyed this earlier but to no avail. Am sure if you ask around, there will be plenty of people to recommend you alternative venues.

Hope you are appreciative of the fact that my attendance at WNDC is more frequent than my post on the forum – hope you will come with some new great places to meet up. Am sure you know many

Cheers
Mystic Amigo

Deadpoet wrote:Hi Guys,

This week's WNDC will be at Next Page on Mod. Sultan Road.

See you all there 8pm.

dean

OTOH

Postby dean » Mon, 29 May 2006 10:46 pm

On the other hand...... In my personal opinion, it's hard enough for most newbies to find these bars. I've only been here just over 6 months so I understand. The more often the change the harder it is for people new to Singapore to find these bars and hence the less often they are likely to turn up. As with all things, moderation usually works out best. How about suggesting some good places to go? Don't forget that when organising these events Anthony has to be able to find somewhere to cope with 40+ people. That's not always easy.

Kind Regards
Dean
Without question the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention but the wheel doesn't go nearly as well with pizza - Dave Barry

My Singapore Web page :-
http://www.theblackadder.co.uk/Singapore/

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Re: OTOH

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon, 29 May 2006 10:50 pm

dean wrote:As with all things, moderation usually works out best.

Watch out your language...
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

dean

my language

Postby dean » Mon, 29 May 2006 11:01 pm

What did I say wrong????
Without question the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention but the wheel doesn't go nearly as well with pizza - Dave Barry

Wild Rover
Regular
Regular

Re: my language

Postby Wild Rover » Tue, 30 May 2006 12:09 am

dean wrote:What did I say wrong????

Well just try asking Tiki, Wham amongst others................
What's worse, ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care

dean

What?

Postby dean » Tue, 30 May 2006 12:34 am

Look, I'm sorry if I've caused offence but I honestly don't know what I've done wrong. What did I say????? I''ve not been here that long. Can I have a straight answer please?

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Cheekybeek » Tue, 30 May 2006 12:40 am

Whatever the meaning it wasn't any accusation aimed at you Dean.

CD may have meant moderation is a dirty word when it comes to getting drunk or forum moderators. One or the other... nothing else.

dean

Postby dean » Tue, 30 May 2006 12:47 am

Thanks Cheekybeek for the explanation :-)

Wild Rover
Regular
Regular

Postby Wild Rover » Tue, 30 May 2006 12:53 am

Cheekybeek is spot on Dean, the comments were not directed at you at all. Knowing CD he likely meant the former, whereas I was referring to the latter. But no matter, you are better of staying unaware of the recent goings on here.

Anyway hope to see you again for a beer sometime, though I can't make this week's WNDC.

Cheers, WR
What's worse, ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care

dean

Postby dean » Tue, 30 May 2006 9:15 am

Thanks also WR for that. I guess I have missed the recent goings on then. I don't post that often.

A beer again always sounds good :-) I do pop along to Karan's FNDC as often as I can :-)

Cheers
Dean

no.7

Postby no.7 » Tue, 30 May 2006 10:38 am

Actually I agree with mystic amigo. I've been attending WNDC since Feb 2005, but feel like want to know more places than now at WNDC. What mystic amigo's trying to say is to have more choices. Yes, sometims it's difficult to find, esp. new places. But that's the good thing about unknown places to find out for. Also Singapore is not a huge city. Wouldn't take long time to compare to other bigger cities, I think. If possible, I'd love to explore more other bars to go. :)

sonia888
Regular
Regular

Postby sonia888 » Tue, 30 May 2006 1:18 pm

no.7 wrote:Actually I agree with mystic amigo. I've been attending WNDC since Feb 2005, but feel like want to know more places than now at WNDC. What mystic amigo's trying to say is to have more choices. Yes, sometims it's difficult to find, esp. new places. But that's the good thing about unknown places to find out for. Also Singapore is not a huge city. Wouldn't take long time to compare to other bigger cities, I think. If possible, I'd love to explore more other bars to go. :)

While there is definitely nothing wrong with exploring new places, I guess, one should keep in mind that it is impossible to please everyone.
There are people in the group, who wish to go to their 'traditional' hang outs, there are people, who wish to go only to outdoor places etc...
Organising such an event always means to compromise.
However, if you have been exploring new places on your own (and yes, that is possible too!), checked them out if they are suitable for WNDC (size, location etc) , then why not suggest to Deadpoet one of the locations? :-)
I am sure he'll be happy to consider!
This however only, if it is not Oosters ;)

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Tue, 30 May 2006 1:35 pm

sonia888 wrote:This however only, if it is not Oosters ;)

AND WHY???
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Tue, 30 May 2006 1:39 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
sonia888 wrote:This however only, if it is not Oosters ;)

AND WHY???

Because it's not approved. Perhaps the size/location of the place is not ideal, you know? :roll: