Singapore Expats Forum

Regional Investments Project Officer

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

clear_skies

Regional Investments Project Officer

Postby clear_skies » Sun, 28 May 2006 10:10 am

Hi

I'm a Filipina and currently working in a prestigious company (hint: one of the best employers in Singapore: http://www.contactsingapore.org.sg/over ... yers.shtml). They have assigned me to Singapore. My position is Regional Investment Project officer. The compensation package they offered me is 34000/annum w/o housing/transporation and food allowance. Is that good enough? Will I survive? Help! :roll: [/b]

cancer_8

Re: Regional Investments Project Officer

Postby cancer_8 » Mon, 29 May 2006 1:07 pm

$34,000 per annum is sub standard to be offered to an expat I would say. Banks usually pay well but it seems like you have gone through a consultancy.
At the same time, it also depends on your job profile and job scope? What are you supposed to do as Regional Investment Project Officer?

Btw, I am a graduate from Singapore uni and is working as Biz Dev Mgr for my company. My target clients are also financial institutions.

cheers-

clear_skies wrote:Hi

I'm a Filipina and currently working in a prestigious company (hint: one of the best employers in Singapore: http://www.contactsingapore.org.sg/over ... yers.shtml). They have assigned me to Singapore. My position is Regional Investment Project officer. The compensation package they offered me is 34000/annum w/o housing/transporation and food allowance. Is that good enough? Will I survive? Help! :roll: [/b]

clear_skies

help!

Postby clear_skies » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 9:53 am

they've increased my offer to 38K/annum. should i still negotiate to increase it to atleast 42K/annum?

clear_skies

by the way

Postby clear_skies » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 9:54 am

i'm not an expat. they offered me local hire package