Singapore Expats Forum

Black woman in need of a Hair Salon

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

nickyt30

Black woman in need of a Hair Salon

Postby nickyt30 » Sun, 28 May 2006 5:14 am

Hello Everyone,

My family and I are relocating to Singapore in three months and I need some advice on beauty salons that straighten hair. I am a Black woman and am will need some help in that area. Thanks for your help.

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hair salon

Postby joop » Sun, 28 May 2006 11:55 am

Most hair salons provides hair straightening services, the latest fad which is called 'rebonding', you may just walk into any hair salons and ask for 'rebonding'. it's an 'iron-out' method using chemical and a straightening crimper to iron out the curly strands.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Miss Swan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Miss Swan » Sun, 28 May 2006 5:42 pm

Ok before you actually get the process done, you need to get a reliable hairdresser to access your hair type.

I'm not sure what kind of hair you have...Just very curly, or extremely curly (peppercorn).

Rebonding is a pretty harsh process due to the chemicals and may damage your natural hair texture...

So do check around ;)

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Sun, 28 May 2006 6:11 pm

Miss Swan wrote:Ok before you actually get the process done, you need to get a reliable hairdresser to access your hair type.

I'm not sure what kind of hair you have...Just very curly, or extremely curly (peppercorn).

Rebonding is a pretty harsh process due to the chemicals and may damage your natural hair texture...

So do check around ;)

Very good advice.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

nickyt30

Black Woman in Need of Hair Salon

Postby nickyt30 » Mon, 29 May 2006 9:08 am

Hello All,

Thanks for your advice. The rebonding does sound like a harsh process. i will definitely have to check around to ensure that I get a hairdresser that leaves me with some hair on my head. Again, thanks.

Nicole.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 29 May 2006 9:43 am

Nicky, your thread on Transportation and Schools has been moved to the "Parenting, Family & Schools" Thread.

sms