Singapore Expats Forum

No offense to anyone, but this is for Eric.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

No offense to anyone, but this is for Eric.

Postby Bubbles » Sun, 28 May 2006 1:05 am

Eric, still not sure what happened, and am asking you not to write anything in reply which restarts it, but I for one am very, very sorry to see you go, and hope that you will reconsider coming back.

I'm not siding with anyone, not slagging off anyone, and don't want to stir it up, whatever it was.

This is just a note saying that I think our little gang is more wishy-washy without you.

I can see the problem from lots of sides, and my nature is to bend with the wind. Of course, others are harder and take the force straight on, but if you do not return, may I wish you and Mrs Eric all the best.
(I know what you both look like now, thanks to Mr and Mrs Sainty, and it's sadder when we can put faces to names.)(Mind you, they now know who I am, so there's no hiding place, haha)

Yeah, yeah, I know.....this is not the real world folks, just a forum and yes, I have a 'life' outside this, but we've all made efforts to reply and join in, so what do we do it for if not to make some sort of connection, and when they are broken it's always a greyer day, I think?

Sigh, sigh, From Wet Wales on a Saturday night. (Wish you could all see how much water's fallen on this country the last two weeks, and they have water restrictions up in my daugthers place in London, even though it's been torrential up there too) I tell you what, I'm off to get a drinkie, White Wine anyone?

Bubbs. :wink:
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

serendipity
Regular
Regular

Postby serendipity » Sun, 28 May 2006 12:11 pm

I must admit, since the beginning of the year, I got so busy I just have to be selective in my reading and haven't been reading General Discussions that much compared to before so have no idea whatsoever what's going on :(
Regardless, Eric, I think last time I wrote directed to you, we had a little disagreement even though I reckon it was ended with agreeing to disagree and singing Kumbaya, so please do note your presence here in the forum will surely be missed and hope you would come back again.
At least hope to see you in one of the offline rendezvous some time, esp. my b'day's! :)

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Mon, 29 May 2006 1:56 am

Nice thread Bubble. Let's not be too judgmental on Eric and the way he departs. For all we know, he may have a valid personal reason. Things happen.

I wish him all the best.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 29 May 2006 9:55 am

He does have a valid reason, and it is personal and that is why I have asked all to please drop the subject. Please do not put him on the spot - I ask as a favour to him. Once he gets sorted he may or may not return.

Tks,
sms

tana

Postby tana » Tue, 30 May 2006 9:48 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:He does have a valid reason, and it is personal and that is why I have asked all to please drop the subject. Please do not put him on the spot - I ask as a favour to him. Once he gets sorted he may or may not return.

Tks,
sms

Funny considering what we now know. Were you born in the year of the snake SundayMorning?