Singapore Expats Forum

Tennis, Chess groups in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
M_Aurelius
Chatter
Chatter

Tennis, Chess groups in Singapore

Postby M_Aurelius » Sat, 27 May 2006 7:44 pm

Hi, does anyone know a tennis group or chess group already well organized in Singapore..if not, I have court availible to my condo in Orchard and plenty of cafe to run a few chess matchs on wknd..let me know if anyone is interested..cheers.

comingfromMX

Postby comingfromMX » Sun, 28 May 2006 12:45 am

Hi M_Aurelius,

Not sure about tennis groups but I do play tennis every Saturday and Sunday in Orchard Area.

I'm an average player (lots of problems with my serve!!) and actually my tennis partners went on holiday for the next three weeks, so send me a message if you are interested.

M_Aurelius
Chatter
Chatter

Postby M_Aurelius » Sun, 28 May 2006 11:12 am

comingfromMX, that sounds good..I have two reply so far between you and Merilee we have two, anymore out there for a double on this weekend...please step forward and be counted :-).

btw, no response yet on chess?...looks like everyone has switch over to xbox and psp :-(.

serendipity
Regular
Regular

Postby serendipity » Sun, 28 May 2006 12:13 pm

M_Aurelius wrote:comingfromMX, that sounds good..I have two reply so far between you and Merilee we have two, anymore out there for a double on this weekend...please step forward and be counted :-).

btw, no response yet on chess?...looks like everyone has switch over to xbox and psp :-(.

Not that good in chess though but wouldn't mind to play again sometime.

M_Aurelius
Chatter
Chatter

tennis this coming Sunday

Postby M_Aurelius » Mon, 29 May 2006 6:18 am

Hi, let's try the first Orchard tennis get together this coming Sunday...am thinking 10 to 12, place: Cairnhill Place, 15 cairnhill road...Let me know if
people are interested...cheers!

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Re: tennis this coming Sunday

Postby madwolfie » Mon, 29 May 2006 8:45 am

M_Aurelius wrote:Hi, let's try the first Orchard tennis get together this coming Sunday...am thinking 10 to 12, place: Cairnhill Place, 15 cairnhill road...Let me know if
people are interested...cheers!

Hey MA, did you get my PM. Will confirm for attendance anyways now. Thanks! :)

comingfromMX

Postby comingfromMX » Mon, 29 May 2006 2:37 pm

M_Aurelius,

Count me in too!! See you on Sunday. I sent a Message with my mobile no, so call me in case there's a change.

Lestat

Postby Lestat » Mon, 29 May 2006 2:57 pm

Hi,

Am a 29 year old Singaporean played tennis for about 10 years. NTRP should be between 3.5 to 4.0. Do let me know if its suitable for me to join.

Joe

local lad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby local lad » Tue, 30 May 2006 12:03 pm

Hi tennis lovers,

Found this website www.tfntennis.com They are an informal tennis group that organsies tennis session every Weds.

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Tue, 30 May 2006 2:25 pm

local lad wrote:Hi tennis lovers,

Found this website www.tfntennis.com They are an informal tennis group that organsies tennis session every Weds.

Its good and regular but doesn't work for some of us... becoz it's held in the east... *sighs*

M_Aurelius
Chatter
Chatter

current confirmation / Lunch/opti king hotel - penang feast

Postby M_Aurelius » Thu, 01 Jun 2006 2:13 pm

Hi, we currently have Madwolfe, CFX confirming for this Sunday morning from 10-12...Joe to answer your question, this Sunday will be social tennis, mix level, playing for fun, let me know if you want to join...as we build a peopl base in Orchard, we can have more / different sessions for people who are either incline to play serious tennis or just playing and socializing..am about 3.5. Any other takers out there?...looking for more as it will be hot, we can rotate on round robin and I will spend a good chunk of time drinking beer by the pool :-)(it is next the tennis court).

Also thinking about lunch on Sunday to copti king hotel where they serve the famous 40+ course penang buffet...anyone want to join?..cheers.

M_Aurelius
Chatter
Chatter

updates to tomorrow

Postby M_Aurelius » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 7:35 pm

for those who will show up, it is the Somerset building, 9th floor, you can walk straight up and once you arrive, follow the sign and keep walking past the gym, barbecue and jacuzzi areas, tennis court is all the way to the back..cheers, Chris

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Postby renter » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 1:27 pm

madwolfie wrote:
local lad wrote:Hi tennis lovers,

Its good and regular but doesn't work for some of us... becoz it's held in the east... *sighs*

my complaint about that site is, there are many coaches there who are seeking students... :?

i say, come on, it is a fun for me, not money related.

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Re: updates to tomorrow

Postby renter » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 1:29 pm

M_Aurelius wrote:for those who will show up, it is the Somerset building, 9th floor, you can walk straight up and once you arrive, follow the sign and keep walking past the gym, barbecue and jacuzzi areas, tennis court is all the way to the back..cheers, Chris

any more such session?

btw, what court you got out there? any grass courts? I miss grass, sorry. prefer grass than hard court. Winbledon feeling. :D:D

M_Aurelius
Chatter
Chatter

Tennis Sessions in the coming weeks

Postby M_Aurelius » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 2:44 pm

Hi everyone, for the coming weeks..am going to reserve the court for 2 sessions..a beginner session from 8-10am Sunday in the morning and a interm to adv (3.0 to 4.0) session between 10 and 12.

I will run the interm to adv session - minimum of 3 confirmations

Madwolf will coordinate the beginner session - minimum of 3 confirmations

please confirm to the person identified by each Friday...if the minimum is not reached, the session will be cancelled. Will try this for couple of weeks to see we can build up a good base for the city central groups for playing and couple of nice brewskys down in emerald hill after.

Sorry Renter, no grass for playing, it is only good for mowing and smoking :-)!