Singapore Expats

SIA Medical Checkup

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lolitaa
Regular
Regular

SIA Medical Checkup

Post by lolitaa » Sat, 27 May 2006 12:45 pm

Hi
I went for the april interview at suntec, finished all e rounds and even medical checkup. Anyone here went for the medical checkup yet? im quite worried as they haven called me yet. all my grpmates has already gotten deir calls. =(

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA Medical Checkup

Post by sq_boy » Sat, 27 May 2006 4:18 pm

lolitaa wrote:Hi
I went for the april interview at suntec, finished all e rounds and even medical checkup. Anyone here went for the medical checkup yet? im quite worried as they haven called me yet. all my grpmates has already gotten deir calls. =(
Hey lolitaa,
Perhaps you could give sheryn a call or something because even for guys who went for a later interview than the gals have already received the training date.

lolitaa
Regular
Regular

Post by lolitaa » Sun, 28 May 2006 12:42 pm

Thanks alot.

I rang Mary up. But was told to wait for either the call or letter. I guess i didnt manage to make it through then. =(

ssszeee

when will be the commencement of employment?

Post by ssszeee » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 3:15 pm

I am an oversea canidate, I had gone through all round interviews, after the body check, how long i have to wait for the contract call? Isn't that I have to wait the body result together with the successfulness of the working permit regislation?

Usually after body check, how long I have to wait? We have to go through another body check in singapore, so we will sign contract in singapore after going through the further body check or sign it in prior?

How 's the commencement of the training date? when will I know? I sincerely hope boardmates could solve me enquiries. I am looking forward for that.

nornatalia08

Re: SIA Medical Checkup

Post by nornatalia08 » Mon, 03 Jul 2006 3:13 pm

lolitaa wrote:Hi
hi lolita,

the medical check up comprises of wat yah? if you dun mind sharing :)

ssszeee

Post by ssszeee » Tue, 04 Jul 2006 12:02 am

blood test, X-ray, sight and hearing test, colour blindness, abdomen and chest test. As I am not a local crew. I need to attend another body check when arriving singapore. Now, waiting for the working permit. Everytime waiting and waiting is hard to tolerant. Anyway... Really donno how long do the whole progress last. You passed all rounds also? Gd luck

aH`mOOn

Post by aH`mOOn » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 12:26 am

Hi lolitaa...

May i know how long notice did you put on the form?
If your notice was something like 2 months then i guess you will not get ur call so soon. As they'll call those that'll be attending class first accordingly.
Aniway... Even if you got rejected they will inform you also... Usually by lesson... So no news might not necessary means bad news... :)

QiQi

Medical Check-up

Post by QiQi » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 9:20 pm

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. Really admire those of you who went for the SIA interviews. Congrats to those who made it. As for those who didnt make it, don't give up as long as you believe in yourself.

As for me, I havent been to any of the interviews. Just want to clarify the following issues before I decide whether it is worthwhile for me to attend the interviews as I am born with some medical history:

1) What tests or check-ups do they conduct for Singaporeans? Is it the same for foreigners? Pls be specific.

2) Is blood test required for Singaporeans?

3) Do they check the heart beat for Singaporeans?

Appreciate if someone could answer my queries, preferably someone who has gone through the medical check-up for local SIA Stewardess. Thanks. :)

lolitaa
Regular
Regular

Post by lolitaa » Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:07 pm

Hi,

I'm not too sure whether the test for singaporean and foreigner is the same.

There is no blood test for the medical check but they will check on your blood pressure, eyesight, hearing, heartbeat, breast (for lumps), joints, teeth and gums, throat, nostril, bmi and urine test. There will also be an x-ray test which will be in another clinic. You will also have to sign a declaration form on your past and present sickness, e.g. childhood asthma, motion sickness etc.

Thats all i can remember.
Hope that helps. =)

goodtime

Post by goodtime » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 1:40 pm

hey guys i have colour deficiency... i can't read the coloured numbers chart at all. but should be able to differentiate single colours. Do u think it'll afect my chances of being selected. i already failed my application as pilot le...
btw i got both class 2 & 3 driving licenses. Contradicting life man. anyone got anwsers? :o

ssszeee

Post by ssszeee » Sun, 09 Jul 2006 4:15 pm

You will be asked to identified the colour difference in the Medical checkup. I have been tested on it, I have read one wrongly, however it is still passed. Just relax~

goodtime

Post by goodtime » Mon, 10 Jul 2006 4:09 pm

thanks for e assurance, but can u tell me wad are the colours they test u on? is it like the driving license type 4 circles orange, green, red, blue?? Geez thanks again. :)

ssszeee

Post by ssszeee » Mon, 10 Jul 2006 5:31 pm

You need to identify the number which is in orange, green, red, blue. Hope it can help you

Waiting to sign bond

Medical

Post by Waiting to sign bond » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 3:18 pm

Hi,

According to SIA staff..the following are what they look out for...

1. Deafness
2. Colour blindness
3. Dry eyes(for those wearing contact lens)
4. heart murmur
5. HIV

Hope it helps!

Waiting to sign bond

waiting period after medical checkup

Post by Waiting to sign bond » Thu, 13 Jul 2006 9:42 pm

Hi to all,

I went for the medical checkup on 10th july (Mon)

Any idea when i can expect a phone call from SIA?