Singapore Expats Forum

Where is Bubbles?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Where is Bubbles?

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sat, 27 May 2006 9:31 am

Bubbles, Bubble where did you go?

The lost of another regular is an awful blow...

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Cheekybeek » Sat, 27 May 2006 9:37 am

missing Bubbles too...

:cry:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 27 May 2006 10:58 am

Like the last time, she may be on a business trip. Let's not speculate too much.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Sat, 27 May 2006 7:21 pm

Hellooooo my little chickaroos.....I's not dead, I's alive...

Well, this is what I've been doing the past two/three weeks.....remember I tend to just 'go with an idea' and that's what I got for a new kid's book, and I couldn't stop writing and putting ideas down, sorting out the structure of the story from beginning to end, and of course, my idea of what the story should have been changed the moment the main characters became 'real' and started wandering off on their own, so to speak. It's not everyday I get these ideas and I just had to put my head down and get the first couple of chapters off. Mind you, when I go back to them later I'll have to re-write them all, but it's been one of those magic times, kind of like a million rainbow beads of ideas fell from the sky and all I had to catch them in was a wonky colander. Still, it's been a fab time. However, I've sort of become a recluse, and may HAVE to go down the pub tonight to re-connect with mates. (Yes, have to force myself, lol)
Also, my niece got married, and I was involved. Aww, it was lovely, you know all those old situations you think life's made you cynical about? Well, there I was, misty eyed at the red haired bride dressed in shining white/lavendered hued dress, crystal tiaraed, I got all silly when bride and groom stepped up for the first dance on the dancefloor to Here, There, Everywhere by the Beatles (She's only early 20's but has been a true Beatles fan all her life)... and boy did I 'boogie' to all the old songs and some of the weirder ones they played later. (What is that old punk song with the words....'Oh what fun we had....dum dum dum dum dum DUM DUM...?) Anyway, we were all doing that mad dancing chucking up our arms like soldiers, as they did then. Such fun. My actress daughter made a speech to the couple which got me really choked. Of course. My son looked handsome and got picked on by a bunch of local lassies, which he loved. Fair covered in females all night, with mum watching just to check he didn't get too drunk or disappear ... I know, typical wedding, all that was missing was a damn good punch up. lol.

So, that's me.

But... what the devil's happened here with Tiki and Eric? What have I missed? Tell me PLEASE that they've not gone.

OK, will check in in a few hours to see if you've replied.
Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 27 May 2006 7:33 pm

Bubbs,

Read this: http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic33031.html

and this: http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic33000.html

Should just about catch you up to speed.

Anyway, welcome back. Looks like I was partially right (it was a business trip but in your mind and you had to act). :wink:

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Cheekybeek » Sat, 27 May 2006 7:58 pm

Bubbles, very relieved to hear you aren't MIA.

I guess someone will have to PM you about what is going on as it isn't something to be rehashed over and over.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 28 May 2006 8:07 am

Yes, Bubbs! I'm glad you have been busy and not boycotting us for reasons unknown!

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Sun, 28 May 2006 10:53 am

Good luck with the book bubbles. Now, can you try writing a novel instead of a children's book? please - go ahead - bury yourself in it.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

Ah Lau

Postby Ah Lau » Sun, 28 May 2006 11:52 am

You deserve your nick :D :D :shock: :shock:

Ah Lau

Postby Ah Lau » Sun, 28 May 2006 11:53 am

Above meant for Wham or Whammed

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Sun, 28 May 2006 5:08 pm

Not sure if Wham meant he really would like to see a novel of mine, or whether he meant that if I wrote one I'd be 'buried' in its machinations so deeply that he'd not have to hear from me again. Either way Wham, 'Cheers Mate.'
:wink:
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.