Singapore Expats Forum

Regulars chit chat

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Regulars chit chat

Postby Cheekybeek » Fri, 26 May 2006 8:09 pm

It would be nice If we could have an area where regulars could chat about what they like, It could be moderated by someone we nominate and with our own rules etc. Perhaps a password protected area.

It might keep a bit more peace on the board. Not sure if it would work but I'm trying to make a constructive suggestion. It would only work if it was moderated ONLY by the nominated moderator/s.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Fri, 26 May 2006 11:12 pm

No comment :wink:

But a suggestion people might want to consider

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sat, 27 May 2006 1:25 am

no offence, but isn't the Leisure Chat forum meant for exactly that? i don't frequent it but understand it's pretty much free for all.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Sat, 27 May 2006 4:15 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:no offence, but isn't the Leisure Chat forum meant for exactly that? i don't frequent it but understand it's pretty much free for all.

Where the bell do I post my World Cup Anagrams? :?

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sat, 27 May 2006 7:59 am

CheekyB, its not that I don't like your suggestion, I do. And you offer it in a way that is so logical and positive. =D>

But there are 16,400 registered users on this Forum -- Why do we need to re-engineer anything when only a handful are disastified (not you, I'm speaking about those who have decided to leave, not even specifically Eric, but all those who don't contrubute any longer).

I guess what I'm trying to say (and perhaps I am still referencing joop's comments about 'chatroom tete a tete', which is a tete scratcher to me :-k ) those areas exist on the board, and of course there is the PM function. Isn't that enough?

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Sat, 27 May 2006 3:03 pm

Commenting as a non-regular, there seems to be a lot of angst here at the moment, which is sad.

I do agree with Cheekybeek that it's good to have a place to talk nonsense (please be kind if you're going to comment on that, sms ;) ) but also agree with Mary, there is already a chat/rubbish area - do you really need it to be a separate, passworded area? Wouldn't that just make others see you as more and more 'exclusive'? Additionally, it's not in the advertisers and therefore owners' interest to do this; they could argue that you can do this on your own server space.

Also, you want to be left to chat - well this works both ways. I rarely go into the Beauty section but some of you comment on it elsewhere on here, so occasionally I have a nosey and see some very vicious, superior comments from some of you regulars. Seems to me that you should live and let live.

Honestly, no axe to grind - just an impartial POV from somebody emotionally detached from this community. (Some of you know me from another life so hopefully know this is true.)

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Sat, 27 May 2006 6:22 pm

seasider wrote:Commenting as a non-regular, there seems to be a lot of angst here at the moment, which is sad.

I do agree with Cheekybeek that it's good to have a place to talk nonsense (please be kind if you're going to comment on that, sms ;) ) but also agree with Mary, there is already a chat/rubbish area - do you really need it to be a separate, passworded area? Wouldn't that just make others see you as more and more 'exclusive'? Additionally, it's not in the advertisers and therefore owners' interest to do this; they could argue that you can do this on your own server space.

Also, you want to be left to chat - well this works both ways. I rarely go into the Beauty section but some of you comment on it elsewhere on here, so occasionally I have a nosey and see some very vicious, superior comments from some of you regulars. Seems to me that you should live and let live.

Amen!
One man's meat is another's poison.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sat, 27 May 2006 6:29 pm

Global Citizen wrote:
seasider wrote:Commenting as a non-regular, there seems to be a lot of angst here at the moment, which is sad.

Amen!

double that.